Caught

Convicted Driver Insurance

lnab

I stupidly drove 3 mates drunk on a prov licence with no insurance. I blew 63 and have to appear in court in Birmingham on Monday. This is my first offence so a bit worried as to what’s going to happen and whether it is worth me having a solicitor as I pleaded guilty at every opportunity and was fully cooperative. This is also my first offence.

Can someone please tell me a rough outcome as i found the sentancing page hard to follow as im on a provisional.

Thanks

I stupidly drove 3 mates drunk on a prov licence with no insurance. I blew 63 and have to appear in court in Birmingham on Monday. This is my first offence so a bit worried as to what’s going to happen and whether it is worth me having a solicitor as I pleaded guilty at every opportunity and was fully cooperative. This is also my first offence.

Can someone please tell me a rough outcome as i found the sentancing page hard to follow as im on a provisional.

Thanks

Upon a first conviction of driving with excess alcohol and a breath reading of 63 sentencing guidelines suggest a band c fine and a driving disqualification of between 17 & 22 months. The fact you were carrying passengers and driving on a provisional licence will be seen as aggravating factors which can only go towards increasing any sentence imposed.

As a first time offender you are likely to be offered the chance to take the drink driving rehabilitation course, which, once completed can reduce any driving disqualification imposed by up to 25%.

Our guide to appearing at magistrates court for drink driving offences may prove useful to you.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off