Caught drink driving second time in 10 years, leaving scene of accident.

Convicted Driver Insurance

jules101

Hi,
My ex partner has been caught again within 10 years and leaving the scene of an accident, we are in northern Ireland.
Attended court twice adjourned both times until 13th Jan.
On the court list under the reason for listing it states Attitude ? I have searched high and low but cannot find what it means, anyone have any idea.

Going to try again with more info.

Hi Guys
My Ex partner of 30 years has recently been caught for the second time within 10 years and also leaving the scene of an accident, the first offence was around 4 years ago. We still talk now and again however before the news broke rumours had already started circulating so i asked him if it was true but he denied the drink driving and said he had just had a crash, ever since he wont talk to me. It has now been reported online and local papers who have reported he was in court on the 9th dec which was adjourned to 23rd dec was adjourned again until the 13th Jan. He has been charged with drink driving and failing to remain and report an accident. According to the news he has admitted the charges. Apparently he hit a car quite near to where he lives on the 2nd Nov i have no idea if it was parked or if someone was driving it but he left the scene went home and started drinking. I guess the police turned up at his house at some point. We were not together the first time he was caught either so i have no idea what will happen. We still own the property i reside in so are still linked to a certain extent until it sells. I have no idea what happens in courts as i have never set foot in one, i have looked at court listings online for the 13th Jan and noticed beside his name in the column reason for listing it states Attitude, i have no idea what this means regarding court meanings and nobody else i've asked seems to know either, searching online comes up with nothing unless i am not imputing the right key words.

Thank you in advance.
Jules

Hi Jules,

Sorry, i am not able to answer your question and help since i don't have any knowledge about attitude.

Can you please explain how you have searched for old court listings. Not sure if it is available in England.

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Sam,
Thank you anyway.
I don't think you can search old court listings only up and coming listings.
I knew what court he was attending and the next date of his appearance so i was able to view the details.
Hope this helps.

Jules.

I am not familiar with the word ’attitude’ being used on a court list, but I would surmise from the details you have listed that the matter has been ajourned for what we call in England ‘Pre Sentence Reports’ where the person is interviewed by a Probation Officer who prepares a report for the court to assist them with deciding an appropriate sentence. This report includes the attitude of the offender towards the offence.........
It is prepared where a community penalty (or indeed sometimes prison) is being considered as a punishment.
For drink driving offences it can be where the court is considering an alcohol treatment order And want the persons drinking history explored.

Update.
My ex was in court today he got 4 years ban with £515,00 fine.
Apparently the car slipped into a ditch on a country road and broke a farmers fencing so no other car was involved he fixed the farmers fencing the next day, he said he left the scene because the car was not obstructing the road he was wet through and could no retrieve the car until the next day, as it was he was able to drive the car out of the ditch in the daylight, his solicitor advised him to plead not guilty to this part of the offence so she could do a plea deal however the judge was having none of it.
So it seems he got 3 years for a second DD offence and a year for leaving the scene of an accident.
He is vey despondent and swears to not drink ever again. Time will tell.
Might help someone in the future.

What was the reason for the fine so high? As he had fixed the fence. Was it just because he fled?
Was he told to do any treatment for alcohol, or community service?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off