Caught Drink driving after ban (please help)

Convicted Driver Insurance

Inpg

I was caught drink driving I blew over on the roadside test 92, but when I got to the station I could not give a specimen, I tried to blow but either machine wasn’t working or affected by the bad cold that I had. I had no reason to not blow again because they already had my roadside specimen! I was not offered a blood test at the station which I think would have been appropriate alternative seeing as the breathalyser machine did not work.
My questions are: Can they use the roadside specimen to prosecute me?
I have a previous offence which happened 07/02/2022 and I was given a 9 month suspension and course will this impact my sentence?
I have been charged with failure to provide specimen. What is my likely penalty for this offence?

Good afternoon,

They will read out the level from the roadside in Court as it does give the Court an indication of what the level was, but the offence is fail to provide so the reading is not needed.

The previous offence means the disqualification will be a minimum of three years but given the facts they may be considering community punishment rather than a fine.

Kind regards
Martin.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off