Cannibis query

Convicted Driver Insurance

Curly66

Hi I’m new here and hope it’s ok to ask a question on cannibis.

My husband is 59 and has smoked a joint every evening since a teenager. Last May we were at a friends house and he suddenly lost consciousness (we were all sat around a table chatting and he would have fallen off the chair if he wasn’t caught). We rang for an ambulance and I panicked and said that he should say that he had shared a joint. (wish I bloody hadn’t). He had drunk five pints of Fosters that he does every Saturday night. He drinks no alcohol in the week.

His neurological tests were clear but the consultant said it was most likely some sort of seizure. (My husband has never had anything like this before) He thought the half a joint was most probably not connected to the seizure but he had to log it. He advised my husband he needed to surrender his licence. He had to wait a full year and not the six months usually required after a seizure.

We have now received a letter saying he must send the questionnaire they enclosed withIn 14 days or they may revoke his licence. Is this so that they can arrange a urine test with his doctor ASAP (Sorry if this is sounding naive, we have no idea). He is beside himself as he has never stopped smoking his nightly joint (he would never drive in the evening afterwards, he never has or never will). He wasn’t caught driving - we were at somebodies house!

Does anybody know if this form he has received is because he has to go for a medical? Obviously we need to send the form back quickly. With the Covid milarky, I’m wondering if the request for a medical would be held up, after all it took them ages to even reply to his new application request?

Also, has anybody used a DIY urine test to check results beforehand? (he’s not smoking weed now, from yesterday!!)

Sorry about this long post and I hope it’s ok to post here, I can’t find another forum to ask questions on.

Thank you in advance for any replies 😋

If DVLA want a urine sample (and they probably do) then they would have this done by a DVLA approved doctor, not your husbands GP.
the urine test will show cannabis use for the past 35 days or so.
If he does have his licence restored, and he returns to his daily joint, he will fail a drugs test for cannabis all the time if he is stopped. The active effects of cannabis only last for a few hours. But the threshold is set so low that he would fail if he was stopped driving for up to 24 hours after smoking a joint. That would be a minimum 12 months ban. Whatever happens, hopefully he will end his daily roll up!

the link below is a company that offer drug urine screening, but if he has only stopped in the past few days, save your money as it WILL show positive.....

I have this yearly now. And guess what I was pissing dirty at 6 months still with weed . Was just luck the day I had my test at nearly 7 months I was clean. Dvla test as low as 15ng. I was pissing dirty right up to 6 months but I was a chronic user. Saved by the skin of my teeth couldn’t believe it. I suggest buying tests with 15ng cut off or if u can’t find them go for the 20ng tests. I produced a diluted one to begin with as I needed more time to shed the last of it then just took the chance on the second one knowing I can’t produce a diluted one again an thankfully I was clean. 6 months tho!!!!! Everything says it’s 30 days an your clean is absolutely bull. If u smoke a quarter a week like I was then ur not getting clean in 30 days.

you can get the tests from ebay - search for the NHS tests 15/20ng

If your hubby was partaking daily it will be in his system for at least a month - so 1st test 4 weeks after last joint, then weekly after that. no point in testing before 4 weeks imo

you can get the tests from ebay - search for the NHS tests 15/20ng

If your hubby was partaking daily it will be in his system for at least a month - so 1st test 4 weeks after last joint, then weekly after that. no point in testing before 4 weeks imo
It’s was 6 months for me till I was below 15ng. I’d never assume the one month mark and you are clean, this is usually because work places test at a higher threshold so in theory if it was a work place test then you may be clean may! Be clean but dvla test such a low threshold that if your a regular user it’s going to be a few months before your clean.
I just couldnt believe I was still positive at 6 months.

metabolism / weight/ body mass/ exercise levels all play a part - a skinny active person will get clean well before a rotund couch potato as it is stored in the fat cells. As stated - its a bit pointless testing before 4 weeks if your a regular user.

metabolism / weight/ body mass/ exercise levels all play a part - a skinny active person will get clean well before a rotund couch potato as it is stored in the fat cells. As stated - its a bit pointless testing before 4 weeks if your a regular user.
Ill take it ur not implying im a slob. I’m actually under weight and seeing a dietitian because how under weight I was. Made no difference to me, unless you’ve dealt with ur self you’ll never know, I never stop moving either as a carer I’m from one place to another all the time

Ill take it ur not implying im a slob. I’m actually under weight and seeing a dietitian because how under weight I was. Made no difference to me, unless you’ve dealt with ur self you’ll never know, I never stop moving either as a carer I’m from one place to another all the time

Mine stayed in my body for so long because I was a fat slob (thankfully no longer)

Yours probably stayed for so long because you're now saying that you were having other issues pertaining to your weight. Being dangerously underweight effects your motabolism and how your body breaks things down. It doesn't stick around in the average person that long. It stuck around in me because I was fat. I've seen daily chronic users (3g+ per day) pass a urine test after 5 weeks when I was in rehab, every single body is different

Mine stayed in my body for so long because I was a fat slob (thankfully no longer)

Yours probably stayed for so long because you're now saying that you were having other issues pertaining to your weight. Being dangerously underweight effects your motabolism and how your body breaks things down. It doesn't stick around in the average person that long. It stuck around in me because I was fat. I've seen daily chronic users (3g+ per day) pass a urine test after 5 weeks when I was in rehab, every single body is different
How long did it take for you

How long did it take for you

Just shy of 5 months for daily use for an NHS test, smoking around 2.5-3g a day between flower, hash, dabs and ebibles depending on what was going. But I was north of 22 stone.

Was clear on my work test after 45 days but they didn't care about THC were I worked, more the medication that was being produced in the factory. Changed field and wasn't tested anymore, now I've started uni and have dropped down to 12 stone so don't think that'll be an issue this next few years. Do my best to avoid it now as I don't want to lose the licence again, once was enough although I lost it for drink driving.

Just shy of 5 months for daily use for an NHS test, smoking around 2.5-3g a day between flower, hash, dabs and ebibles depending on what was going. But I was north of 22 stone.

Was clear on my work test after 45 days but they didn't care about THC were I worked, more the medication that was being produced in the factory. Changed field and wasn't tested anymore, now I've started uni and have dropped down to 12 stone so don't think that'll be an issue this next few years. Do my best to avoid it now as I don't want to lose the licence again, once was enough although I lost it for drink driving.
Well done on loosing so much weight. It was just bud for me no dabs ect and 6 months with urine tests at 15ng. Are u also having dvla medicals?

Well done on loosing so much weight. It was just bud for me no dabs ect and 6 months with urine tests at 15ng. Are u also having dvla medicals?

Cheers bud, I was losing slowly since 2018 but Covid scared the shit out of me when I found out just how high risk I was and I went full tilt on the exercise and meal plan with a PT since last March. Also yes I have do to the medical process anually but for alcohol, I've a bad history of alcohol use until I stopped in 2018.

I have no history of drug use on my records, the tests I was taking was to the NHS standard of testing but not via the NHS so saved myself from that hastle.

No, I wasnt calling you a slob lol , as said everyone does it at different rates, I have a friend that says it took them 5 weeks but what do I know

Last edited:
It’s was 6 months for me till I was below 15ng. I’d never assume the one month mark and you are clean, this is usually because work places test at a higher threshold so in theory if it was a work place test then you may be clean may! Be clean but dvla test such a low threshold that if your a regular user it’s going to be a few months before your clean.
I just couldnt believe I was still positive at 6 months.
Hi mate, i’ve got a test coming up on the 17th of feb 2021. I’ve been testing myself for the past 3/4 weeks with a 50ng thc tester. Are you sure dvla use a 15ng tester and if so how do you know this. As i am testing negative on the 50ng tester for the past few days now. I have ordered some 15ng thc testers. Can you please let me know if you are certain they will use a 15ng tester.
Cheers fella,

Hi mate, i’ve got a test coming up on the 17th of feb 2021. I’ve been testing myself for the past 3/4 weeks with a 50ng thc tester. Are you sure dvla use a 15ng tester and if so how do you know this. As i am testing negative on the 50ng tester for the past few days now. I have ordered some 15ng thc testers. Can you please let me know if you are certain they will use a 15ng tester.
Cheers fella,

A normal workplace test is at 20ng and usually a dip test but the test used by police/doctors/social services are to 15ng. I've asked in the past how sensitive their lab analysis is. They don't use "testers" like home test kits, your urine is sent to a lab to be analysed.

Cheers fella,
Hi mate. Yeah unfortunately it’s 15ng they test at.

A normal workplace test is at 20ng and usually a dip test but the test used by police/doctors/social services are to 15ng. I've asked in the past how sensitive their lab analysis is. They don't use "testers" like home test kits, your urine is sent to a lab to be analysed.
Yeah i think im screwed then, will most likely lose my job as i have to have a license.

Hi mate. Yeah unfortunately it’s 15ng they test at.
Is it worth diluting before the test? And if so what is the method to ensure i am giving a diluted result. Just so i can get a extension 6 weeks. As i’ve already been clean for about 42 days the 6 week extension might just save me from losing my license and me job.

Is it worth diluting before the test? And if so what is the method to ensure i am giving a diluted result. Just so i can get a extension 6 weeks. As i’ve already been clean for about 42 days the 6 week extension might just save me from losing my license and me job.

Everyone's body is different. I know people through rehab who have drank 4 litres of water in the run up to a test and still provided a viable sample, but also people who have done the same and the sample was too diluted. You'd be taking a gamble.

By the time of your medical you will be 52 days clean. At that point you may pass a 15ng test but again every body is different, you'll know when your tests arrive and you can take one.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off