can anyone help so low and frightened

Convicted Driver Insurance
It didn't say anywhere on the application form about convictions when I was invited to attend the interview it said it there if you want to disclose so I am going to. So scared I won't get past tomorrow because of it.
I'm 40 this year life begins eh! I don't go out at all my life is my dog I spend a lot of time walking on my own. I downloaded audible on my phone, that's good so I walk for miles being read too!!

just be honest honesty is the best !!! they will understand everyone makes mistakes ally I am 52 ha my life just started after a break up and this happened
you have to think I will be ok I will get the job .anyway are you a teacher?

Hi Julie
You will get through this. As I found out the hard way there is little point worrying yourself sick about a situation that is out of your control. I firmly believe our paths are already written and whatever happens is not the end of the world and whatever your punishment is will not be forever. You need to focus on self preservation now, try to see people and do things that will make you feel better not worse.
When I was sentenced as awful as it was leading up to it and on the day now I think it is what it is. I am alive I have my health and I will be damned if I am going to let one mistake ruin my life. That's what you must try to believe. We are all in this together and you will move forward and come through it.
I can empathise with you so much as I never thought I would be able to smile again, I struggled sleeping and shut myself off from everyone. Whatever the outcome you have to find a way to deal with it. Don't let your situation destroy your life it is no dress rehearsal we only get one chance at it. If you ever need to talk things through I will always listen, I appreciate so much the people who listened to me, talking about your feelings and listening to others who have been through it really helps x

not coping to well up in court Tuesday feel so lonely and so frightened am so pleased you got the job when do you start x

Look for the duty solicitor as soon as you get to the court. The reception will advise you where the office is.
You already have the probation report recommending help and I trust that you will get it. Yes there will be a ban to deal with, but this can also be the time that you start to put your life in order. Have you got someone who can go with you for moral support? Anyone is allowed into court for a hearing.
i suppose if the process wasn't painful then more people would drink drive. It is meant to be a deterrent but positives can come from being caught. On a course I am running at the moment there is a guy who admits he was drinking 2 bottles of whisky a day. The shock of being caught drink driving has made him address his problems and he has now stopped altogether. Remarkable!

Last edited:
Look for the duty solicitor as soon as you get to the court. The reception will advise you where the office is.
You already have the probation report recommending help and I trust that you will get it. Yes there will be a ban to deal with, but this can also be the time that you start to put your life in order. Have you got someone who can go with you for moral support? Anyone is allowed into court for a hearing.
i suppose if the process wasn't painful then more people would drink drive. It is meant to be a deterrent but positives can come from being caught. On a course I am running at the moment there is a guy who admits he was drinking 2 bottles of whisky a day. The shock of being caught drink driving has made him address his problems and he has now stopped altogether. Remarkable!

hi I have no one going to court I will ask a friend I understand what you where saying about the person drinking 2 bottles of whiskey a day but I don't I made
terrible mistakes I know but never drank that much I was just ill at the time and I am not making excuses I have lost everything but I don't condone drink driving I understand.

hi ally up in court tomorrow glad u got job when do you start are you ok have not heard back jules x

Hi Julie
Still no job details through the post so all itsnt confirmed yer I am thinking they might have changed their minds?
I will be thinking about you tomorrow, I do hope the outcome is one you can cope with. The duty solicitor was quite good when I was there if you can today write some points down that you would like him to say in court for you. I do hope you get another chance.
I will be praying for you and hope you send me a message tomorrow saying it's over I will look forward to reading it x

Hi Julie

I too have followed your story and want you to know I will also be thinking of you tomorrow and wish you the best possible outcome. I didn't find this site until after I was convicted. I am going to post my story in a mo'. Keep your chin up, as hard as it is try and see the positives, in that you didn't injure or kill anyone x

Hi Julie
You will get through this. As I found out the hard way there is little point worrying yourself sick about a situation that is out of your control. I firmly believe our paths are already written and whatever happens is not the end of the world and whatever your punishment is will not be forever. You need to focus on self preservation now, try to see people and do things that will make you feel better not worse.
When I was sentenced as awful as it was leading up to it and on the day now I think it is what it is. I am alive I have my health and I will be damned if I am going to let one mistake ruin my life. That's what you must try to believe. We are all in this together and you will move forward and come through it.
I can empathise with you so much as I never thought I would be able to smile again, I struggled sleeping and shut myself off from everyone. Whatever the outcome you have to find a way to deal with it. Don't let your situation destroy your life it is no dress rehearsal we only get one chance at it. If you ever need to talk things through I will always listen, I appreciate so much the people who listened to me, talking about your feelings and listening to others who have been through it really helps x

I feel awful I have lost everything my home my family now I told work got 2 year ban but didn't mention about sentence or probation and they said this would be on my record oh god am a criminal x

Julie

your ban will give you time to reflect as will mine, you didn't hurt anyone and things happen for a reason. It is temporary not forever. I am struggling too as we all are in this situation. I feel like an outcast like I don't fit in and labelled as some idiot that put innocent peoples lives at risk. I accept that and have been to court and accepted my sentence but I will be damned if I am made to pay for my mistake over and over again. Rach quoted something her granddad said people make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on the end of pencils. Somehow we will get through this, together and come out better people, I am always here x

Julie

your ban will give you time to reflect as will mine, you didn't hurt anyone and things happen for a reason. It is temporary not forever. I am struggling too as we all are in this situation. I feel like an outcast like I don't fit in and labelled as some idiot that put innocent peoples lives at risk. I accept that and have been to court and accepted my sentence but I will be damned if I am made to pay for my mistake over and over again. Rach quoted something her granddad said people make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on the end of pencils. Somehow we will get through this, together and come out better people, I am always here x

hello I need help I have lost my job and need help all I have done was not responsible I will take the sentence oh so cruel but the sentence I got was more than Oscar pestorios x oh ally you are not an idiot I think you are a nice person but we have been in bad situations together thanks for talking my sentence was so harsh but that's life x

hello I need help I have lost my job and need help all I have done was not responsible I will take the sentence oh so cruel but the sentence I got was more than Oscar pestorios x oh ally you are not an idiot I think you are a nice person but we have been in bad situations together thanks for talking my sentence was so harsh but that's life x

Julie, you have been given a chance, I think about you everyday and so glad you walked out of court. It could have been so much worse. I too lost my job but do you know what I am not willing to let this destroy me anymore than it has done. Get on Universal Job Search create an account and type your location in the search then within 5 miles that's what I did. There will be a job out there for you but you need to find it and don't stop till you do. A job won't come to you. Even though I have been offered this job after disclosing I am still waiting for something to go wrong because that's what happens to me. I saw my god mother yesterday she's in her 70's never been married and she told me she was praying for me and that I wasn't to worry that something special is out there just waiting for me, I believe this for you too. I am always here xx

Julie, you have been given a chance, I think about you everyday and so glad you walked out of court. It could have been so much worse. I too lost my job but do you know what I am not willing to let this destroy me anymore than it has done. Get on Universal Job Search create an account and type your location in the search then within 5 miles that's what I did. There will be a job out there for you but you need to find it and don't stop till you do. A job won't come to you. Even though I have been offered this job after disclosing I am still waiting for something to go wrong because that's what happens to me. I saw my god mother yesterday she's in her 70's never been married and she told me she was praying for me and that I wasn't to worry that something special is out there just waiting for me, I believe this for you too. I am always here xx

hi ally thanks for your advice work are coming out wed got a call today for safe and well check whatever that means will still go on universal job search. hope your ok I have been the docs got some tabs oh well hope they will help me x have you heard from your job ? x I am here for you aswell x

Hi Julie hopefully you will be able to go back to work, them coming to see you looks promising? I posted off all the forms to that job last Thursday, crb, bank details etc, still not heard back so no start date or anything yet. I live in hope that it all goes through but I am prepared for it not doing.
Not wishing my life away but can't wait for this week to be over I get this horrible tag off my ankle tomorrow I can't wait! I just hope the lady comes at a reasonable time unlike when she came with it almost midnight it was!! Once that's off then last DD session on Saturday another step closer xx

Hi Julie hopefully you will be able to go back to work, them coming to see you looks promising? I posted off all the forms to that job last Thursday, crb, bank details etc, still not heard back so no start date or anything yet. I live in hope that it all goes through but I am prepared for it not doing.
Not wishing my life away but can't wait for this week to be over I get this horrible tag off my ankle tomorrow I can't wait! I just hope the lady comes at a reasonable time unlike when she came with it almost midnight it was!! Once that's off then last DD session on Saturday another step closer xx

I am so pleased for you I had family that relied on me driving I never see anyone now I feel awful I have to go to probation every week and the suspended sentence 2 year ban I carnt take it x

JH327,
The suspended sentence, if you behave, is not a punishment. it only has consequences if you get into trouble again for any criminal offence, not just drink driving.
The visits to the Probation officer for supervision as designed to be a help to you, checking on how your life is going and perhaps steering you towards better decisions.
As you will have read from others on here, please start to look at the positives. You have done the worst part, with the dread of going to court. The more you look for negatives, the more you are likely to find them. Find small positives, grasp them and build on them. take care.

JH327,
The suspended sentence, if you behave, is not a punishment. it only has consequences if you get into trouble again for any criminal offence, not just drink driving.
The visits to the Probation officer for supervision as designed to be a help to you, checking on how your life is going and perhaps steering you towards better decisions.
As you will have read from others on here, please start to look at the positives. You have done the worst part, with the dread of going to court. The more you look for negatives, the more you are likely to find them. Find small positives, grasp them and build on them. take care.

ok thanks

Hi Julie

hi ally do you have to resit test if you are a hro x

Last edited by a moderator:
Julie

ally where are you hope all ok jules x

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off