BAC Calculation help.

Convicted Driver Insurance
You could try to persuade the Police that you have a case for 'special circumstances' in the minimal distance you drove, not really putting other road users at risk. How you were dressed will tend to support what you say and the reasons for moving the car such a short distance. It will depend on what the police officers saw, and if they confirm that you told them immediately about the circumstances, so that it was not thought to be something that you thought up later.

The Police tend to be unsympathetic about 'special circumstances' often taking the view that it is a matter for the court to decide. If the officer was reasonable on the night, and you did explain what had happened, it could be worth having a chat with him when you attend the police station to see if the facts will be considered before deciding on charging you, perhaps getting your account down in a recorded interview. If you send me a PM, I will talk you through the wording that might help.

If that does not work, your next stage would be an approach to CPS, who have to decide if it is in 'the public interest' to proceed with a case. It that fails, you are at the mercy of the court. It really would help to have a solicitor in court, but it will not be cheap as you will need one with experience in drink drive cases. Most generic solicitors do not deal with enough drink drive 'special circumstances' to have the necessary experience to put forward a good case.

I should make it clear that 'special reasons' , do not actually amount to a defence, rather that it can be put forward as a case for not being disqualified at court. That is why it would be best to see if you could avoid it going to court.
The problem might be for you that the court then award points instead, in the range of 3 to 11 points, likely to be about 8. If you already have points on your licence, then you could fall foul of the totting up procedure if that then takes you to 12 points, so you could be facing a ban anyway - but only 6 months.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off