Advice - DR10 2005 new job with Company Car

Convicted Driver Insurance
Thanks for the info Dave,

I'll follow up and let you know what happens. Even though I'm in IT - well out at the moment ;( - many jobs require a driving license which will be inspected. Looking at it with my IT hat on it seems obvious to me that best security practice would require the DVLA to use authenticated (i.e. login/password) access to private data (the 11 years is only for the court's benefit), similar to other government gateway services. I can only assume that they bodged it under time/budget constraints with the intention of seeing how much noise they got afterwards. Therefore we all need to help create that noise.

Noodly

Yeah it looks like its going to be a while but there is something that will help guys like us in the future,

Gov.uk Verify one day will be the only way to View My Licence, its currently in public beta and can be used at this point to log in, but when i asked Gov.uk verify when it would be the only way of logging in they told me thats up to the DVLA and the Dvla told me that there is no time frame on the project, *sigh*

Once its in place tho no one can ask for them details ever!,

My guess is they will start asking people to print off their view of their licence and if you know a basic level of coding skills you would be able to remove the endorsement off the print off so im prepared for that at least :)

Sooner rather than later would be good tho
Cheers

Edit: one last rant :) i also asked Dlva to remove my online records, at first seems like they were happy to do so but after taking to his manager for imformation he came back to me and said the only way they would do it was if i was at risk ,all to do with data protection, seems like i am but hey what do i know.... Cheers

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off