DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hopefull

I would say sleeping problems on their own like insomnia are not mental health related. For example, being a shift worker who cannot sleep during the daytime is not a mental health problem.

However, if the sleeping issues are caused by depression or stress, then yes, they are mental health related.

CJ
Sorry to ask again but did they write to your gp. I am worried about the mental health spoken to 4 different gp’s can’t get the gp I am assign to to contact me. I had sleeping problems because I am n shift worker so instead of giving me sleeping tablets they gave me amitripteline witch did not work then matsrzipane witch did not work and eventually sleeping tablets. I want to say no on my form regarding mental health but don’t know wat the gp will say because it is a different one every time. The poor receptionist must have had it with me now being on the phone with them every week.
Hi mate,
I kept on to my GP surgery as I see a different GP every time as well!! The GP called me to fill out the forms thank goodness 😅.
He said I scored low on his forms & he was happy with my answers.
Now I just have to go back on Monday for a piss test!! That’ll be it cos they’ve gone through my life with a fine tooth comb!! 😂
I’m on Pregabalin for nerve pain in my back but the GP has started to reduce my dose as I don’t want to be popping pills my whole life. My poor kidneys etc!!
It’s been a long road but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel oi oi…

Hopeful

What you need to be mindful of is the 'risk' element. Prescribed sleeping tablets (like Zopiclone) can make you drowsy and from my own experience of suffering sleeping problems, GPs are very reluctant to prescribe these.

Having health issues like sleeping problems and back pain, are not necessarily a barrier to getting your licence back. Anything where there is alcohol/drug addition involved is usually the one to be mindful of as the DVLA will ask for regular LFTs or urine tests to be done before they consider you eligible to drive again.

CJ

You will be supervised but they don’t stand staring. I had a dr & a nurse but tbh they sat in the room while I peed with a slight ajar door whilst we talked utter rubbish about twins. 🤣
Hi again!! Did they send your sample off or test it there?? I’ve received my letter today!!
Glad I’ve already booked it at their expense.
Roll on Monday 💪

Hi again!! Did they send your sample off or test it there?? I’ve received my letter today!!
Glad I’ve already booked it at their expense.
Roll on Monday 💪
Hey again you 👋🏼 Sent off to the lab hun but it’s a pretty quick turn around. Done it on the Thursday and was back within about 5 working days. I couldn’t pee much and the nurse had me shitting myself saying it wouldn’t enough but the dr told me on our own it should be fine and I guess it was wooo. It took 12 days from pee test to full license being issued so hopefully won’t be long for you now either yayyyyy 🥳

It's my medical today, finally! Any words of wisdom? I've actually been quite excited for it as its the last hurdle before the waiting for licence decision but I've got nervous with 3 hours to go haha
Expect to be poked and prodded. Relax. Keep answers to a minimum lol it’s not as bad as you’ll think it will be. Honestly.

It's my medical today, finally! Any words of wisdom? I've actually been quite excited for it as its the last hurdle before the waiting for licence decision but I've got nervous with 3 hours to go haha
They only asked my height & weight, took bloods, took £98.50. In & out in under 5 minutes. Oh and obviously I filled out the questionnaire as well.
You’ll be fine. I didn’t drink for 3 weeks & scored 0.9% on my CDT score. Only really drink once a month when my wages clear.
Good luck buddy

They only asked my height & weight, took bloods, took £98.50. In & out in under 5 minutes. Oh and obviously I filled out the questionnaire as well.
You’ll be fine. I didn’t drink for 3 weeks & scored 0.9% on my CDT score. Only really drink once a month when my wages clear.
Good luck buddy
Had my medical at 2pm. Same for me - height, weight, money, bloods, questionnaire and done! I asked at the end if she think they'll contact my GP (as I had to say yes to mental health but not been on meds for 13 months) and she said she doesn't see why they would as she has put on the form that she thinks I'm fine!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Had my medical at 2pm. Same for me - height, weight, money, bloods, questionnaire and done! I asked at the end if she think they'll contact my GP (as I had to say yes to mental health but not been on meds for 13 months) and she said she doesn't see why they would as she has put on the form that she thinks I'm fine!!! Fingers crossed!!!
whats the script with the mental health question? is it in the last 3 years? im HRO and classed as dependant but im on 20mg of citalopram for mild anxiety . first went on them 4 or so years ago. im assuming i answere yes to this? ive not got a lot going for me tbh...... HRO, classed as dependant, had a crash and on citalopram.... oh and got refused last year as i stupidly admitted drinking 2 beers on a couple of occasions so they revoked the licence

whats the script with the mental health question? is it in the last 3 years? im HRO and classed as dependant but im on 20mg of citalopram for mild anxiety . first went on them 4 or so years ago. im assuming i answere yes to this? ive not got a lot going for me tbh...... HRO, classed as dependant, had a crash and on citalopram.... oh and got refused last year as i stupidly admitted drinking 2 beers on a couple of occasions so they revoked the licence
Was that revoked because you had dependancy already on your records?
Yes you'll have to declare that on the mental health question. When you say yes to it they'll ask you what medication you're on right now and they'll write that down on the form too

Was that revoked because you had dependancy already on your records?
Yes you'll have to declare that on the mental health question. When you say yes to it they'll ask you what medication you're on right now and they'll write that down on the form too
dependancy was already on as i went to the docs for the citalopram and it was during a break up so i was binging at weekends which i said i wanted to stop. he then put i was dependant . i didnt know what i know now and thought being truthful about the few beers wouldnt be a problem, obviously not knowing you have to abstain. i took the medical on a cancellation at 9 days notice... ive drunk heavily at weekends for years, stayed off it for the 9 days and got 0.9 on my CDT. i think if i said id not had a drink then id be driviving now!!

dependancy was already on as i went to the docs for the citalopram and it was during a break up so i was binging at weekends which i said i wanted to stop. he then put i was dependant . i didnt know what i know now and thought being truthful about the few beers wouldnt be a problem, obviously not knowing you have to abstain. i took the medical on a cancellation at 9 days notice... ive drunk heavily at weekends for years, stayed off it for the 9 days and got 0.9 on my CDT. i think if i said id not had a drink then id be driviving now!!
But remember, if you didn't say about a drink and they contacted your gp anyway and saw you had dependancy on your records you'd have been in a lot more of a complicated matter now. As tough as it is you did the right thing by telling them.
I'm sorry to hear how hard its been for you though before the medical with your break up too x

But remember, if you didn't say about a drink and they contacted your gp anyway and saw you had dependancy on your records you'd have been in a lot more of a complicated matter now. As tough as it is you did the right thing by telling them.
I'm sorry to hear how hard its been for you though before the medical with your break up too x
everything is back on track now but the dependancy on my record is the big problem... i honestly cant see me getting it back till this 6 years is up. absolutely kakking it for wednesday morning on my medical . one wrong answer again and im fooked . already been 3.5 years up to now

everything is back on track now but the dependancy on my record is the big problem... i honestly cant see me getting it back till this 6 years is up. absolutely kakking it for wednesday morning on my medical . one wrong answer again and im fooked . already been 3.5 years up to now
I have everything crossed for you xx

The doctor put on my form “No need for further investigation”!! Still they got hold of my GP buddy. 🤞 they don’t but don’t get ya hopes up.
Glad your medical went well. Those doctors are making a killing aren’t they 😂
I’m in the wrong job ha ha

The doctor put on my form “No need for further investigation”!! Still they got hold of my GP buddy. 🤞 they don’t but don’t get ya hopes up.
Glad your medical went well. Those doctors are making a killing aren’t they 😂
I’m in the wrong job ha ha
On your previous posts though you stated you're on pregabolin? Which means a urine test is needed because it's an addictive drug. I think that's why they've asked for you to have a urine test on top. I've answered no to all questions but mental health and she stated on that I'm currently on no meds and haven't been for 13 months so I'm hopeful!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off