DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Had my medical at 2pm. Same for me - height, weight, money, bloods, questionnaire and done! I asked at the end if she think they'll contact my GP (as I had to say yes to mental health but not been on meds for 13 months) and she said she doesn't see why they would as she has put on the form that she thinks I'm fine!!! Fingers crossed!!!
whats the script with the mental health question? is it in the last 3 years? im HRO and classed as dependant but im on 20mg of citalopram for mild anxiety . first went on them 4 or so years ago. im assuming i answere yes to this? ive not got a lot going for me tbh...... HRO, classed as dependant, had a crash and on citalopram.... oh and got refused last year as i stupidly admitted drinking 2 beers on a couple of occasions so they revoked the licence

whats the script with the mental health question? is it in the last 3 years? im HRO and classed as dependant but im on 20mg of citalopram for mild anxiety . first went on them 4 or so years ago. im assuming i answere yes to this? ive not got a lot going for me tbh...... HRO, classed as dependant, had a crash and on citalopram.... oh and got refused last year as i stupidly admitted drinking 2 beers on a couple of occasions so they revoked the licence
Was that revoked because you had dependancy already on your records?
Yes you'll have to declare that on the mental health question. When you say yes to it they'll ask you what medication you're on right now and they'll write that down on the form too

Was that revoked because you had dependancy already on your records?
Yes you'll have to declare that on the mental health question. When you say yes to it they'll ask you what medication you're on right now and they'll write that down on the form too
dependancy was already on as i went to the docs for the citalopram and it was during a break up so i was binging at weekends which i said i wanted to stop. he then put i was dependant . i didnt know what i know now and thought being truthful about the few beers wouldnt be a problem, obviously not knowing you have to abstain. i took the medical on a cancellation at 9 days notice... ive drunk heavily at weekends for years, stayed off it for the 9 days and got 0.9 on my CDT. i think if i said id not had a drink then id be driviving now!!

dependancy was already on as i went to the docs for the citalopram and it was during a break up so i was binging at weekends which i said i wanted to stop. he then put i was dependant . i didnt know what i know now and thought being truthful about the few beers wouldnt be a problem, obviously not knowing you have to abstain. i took the medical on a cancellation at 9 days notice... ive drunk heavily at weekends for years, stayed off it for the 9 days and got 0.9 on my CDT. i think if i said id not had a drink then id be driviving now!!
But remember, if you didn't say about a drink and they contacted your gp anyway and saw you had dependancy on your records you'd have been in a lot more of a complicated matter now. As tough as it is you did the right thing by telling them.
I'm sorry to hear how hard its been for you though before the medical with your break up too x

But remember, if you didn't say about a drink and they contacted your gp anyway and saw you had dependancy on your records you'd have been in a lot more of a complicated matter now. As tough as it is you did the right thing by telling them.
I'm sorry to hear how hard its been for you though before the medical with your break up too x
everything is back on track now but the dependancy on my record is the big problem... i honestly cant see me getting it back till this 6 years is up. absolutely kakking it for wednesday morning on my medical . one wrong answer again and im fooked . already been 3.5 years up to now

everything is back on track now but the dependancy on my record is the big problem... i honestly cant see me getting it back till this 6 years is up. absolutely kakking it for wednesday morning on my medical . one wrong answer again and im fooked . already been 3.5 years up to now
I have everything crossed for you xx

Had my medical at 2pm. Same for me - height, weight, money, bloods, questionnaire and done! I asked at the end if she think they'll contact my GP (as I had to say yes to mental health but not been on meds for 13 months) and she said she doesn't see why they would as she has put on the form that she thinks I'm fine!!! Fingers crossed!!!
The doctor put on my form “No need for further investigation”!! Still they got hold of my GP buddy. 🤞 they don’t but don’t get ya hopes up.
Glad your medical went well. Those doctors are making a killing aren’t they 😂
I’m in the wrong job ha ha

The doctor put on my form “No need for further investigation”!! Still they got hold of my GP buddy. 🤞 they don’t but don’t get ya hopes up.
Glad your medical went well. Those doctors are making a killing aren’t they 😂
I’m in the wrong job ha ha
On your previous posts though you stated you're on pregabolin? Which means a urine test is needed because it's an addictive drug. I think that's why they've asked for you to have a urine test on top. I've answered no to all questions but mental health and she stated on that I'm currently on no meds and haven't been for 13 months so I'm hopeful!

Also quick question to all, do the dvla docs write a little report on you on top of the questionnaire they send? Or do they just send the questionnaire?

I’m glad I kept on to my GP surgery once I’d had my medical. Always see a different GP so that had me worried!!
Thankfully the GP filling out my forms called me to fill them out, phew!! He said I scored low & was happy with my answers.
Scored 0.9% on my CDT score.
Got piss test this Monday, which will be clean so hopefully in a few weeks I’ll get my licence back!!
Been a long arse road. Thanks to covid & other issues I’ve had to wait to do my medical!! My ban was finished February 2018… They’ve told me I’m a priority 😂
I applied back in March ha ha ha oh my days.
Roll on Monday oi oi

On your previous posts though you stated you're on pregabolin? Which means a urine test is needed because it's an addictive drug. I think that's why they've asked for you to have a urine test on top. I've answered no to all questions but mental health and she stated on that I'm currently on no meds and haven't been for 13 months so I'm hopeful!
Yeah & I had to answer yes to drugs & drug programme too. I’ve been on pregabs for years for my back. I don’t get drowsy off of them anymore. Plus I’m gradually lowering my dose as we speak.
Can’t wait to get this piss test done ✅

Also quick question to all, do the dvla docs write a little report on you on top of the questionnaire they send? Or do they just send the questionnaire?
I’d like to know this as well. The way the doc was going through patients the day of my medical was fast. Everyone of us was in & out in under 5 minutes!! So how the doc could write any kind of report later is beyond me 🤷‍♂️

I’d like to know this as well. The way the doc was going through patients the day of my medical was fast. Everyone of us was in & out in under 5 minutes!! So how the doc could write any kind of report later is beyond me 🤷‍♂️
Reason I ask it is I said to the doc today that I had post natal depression in the past and she said 'ill write that down' so surely a little report is done? I had no one before or after me (that I saw) so I thought she had time to do it but who knows lol

Reason I ask it is I said to the doc today that I had post natal depression in the past and she said 'ill write that down' so surely a little report is done? I had no one before or after me (that I saw) so I thought she had time to do it but who knows lol
I live in Plymouth, which is a city, so I’m guessing that’s why?? 🤷‍♂️
I’m back there again on Monday so will see if he’s busy again. At £98.50 a go he’s clearing up 😂
Just glad I’ve not got to pay this time. Dvla pick up the tab. Ideal 😆💪😉

So my timescale
1st of June applied for the licence
Roughly 6 weeks later got a letter for a medical
Booked medical for 30th of July
Was roughly 10 minutes long
Height and weight check, got prodded in the stomach, my eyes were checked, was asked questions regarding home situation and employment and obviously my bloods taken.
Answered no to every question apart from mental health and accident caused through drinking, that was on the day of my DD. Was told by dr I should hear something 6-8 weeks…seems very long so I’m assuming that’s because my dr will be contacted 🥺

So my timescale
1st of June applied for the licence
Roughly 6 weeks later got a letter for a medical
Booked medical for 30th of July
Was roughly 10 minutes long
Height and weight check, got prodded in the stomach, my eyes were checked, was asked questions regarding home situation and employment and obviously my bloods taken.
Answered no to every question apart from mental health and accident caused through drinking, that was on the day of my DD. Was told by dr I should hear something 6-8 weeks…seems very long so I’m assuming that’s because my dr will be contacted 🥺
That seems like a very thorough medical.... Eyes and stomach prodded? My doc today didn't do any of that. I've never heard of them say a 6-8 weeks wait! My doc today said she's sending bloods and questionnaire back today and I should hear back within the next 3 weeks. I assume you've been in contact with the dvla to see where its all at?

That seems like a very thorough medical.... Eyes and stomach prodded? My doc today didn't do any of that. I've never heard of mm say a 6-8 weeks wait! My doc today said she's sending bloods and questionnaire back today and I should hear back within the next 3 weeks. I assume you've been in contact with the dvla to see where its all at?
No I didn’t contact DVLA. Just worries me to hear the worst. The dr also checked my hands to see if they’re steady etc

That seems like a very thorough medical.... Eyes and stomach prodded? My doc today didn't do any of that. I've never heard of mm say a 6-8 weeks wait! My doc today said she's sending bloods and questionnaire back today and I should hear back within the next 3 weeks. I assume you've been in contact with the dvla to see where its all at?
No I didn’t contact DVLA. Just worries me to hear the worst. The dr also checked my hands to see if they’re steady etc

I’ve been following the threads here for a while and haven’t come across anyone having such an intense check or been giving such a long waiting time. It is a first time offence for me etc

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off