Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter

Thread: Drink Driving Insurance Quotes, Declaring Conviction, Help

IWAFI is offline New Member

Default Drink Driving Insurance Quotes, Declaring Conviction, Help

Hi,

My drink driving ban is due to expire at the end of this month (Oct 2017). It's a 9 month ban and it began at the end of January 2017.

When applying for insurance, it asks me if I have any unspent motoring convictions.

Is my conviction considered spent, when the ban expires?

If not, when does it become 'spent'?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Forum Moderator; 10-20-2017 at 06:11 PM.

Forum Moderator is offline Global Moderator

Default Re: Drink Driving Insurance Quotes, Declaring Conviction, Help

Quote Originally Posted by IWAFI View Post
    Hi,

My drink driving ban is due to expire at the end of this month (Oct 2017). It's a 9 month ban and it began at the end of January 2017.

When applying for insurance, it asks me if I have any unspent motoring convictions.

Is my conviction considered spent, when the ban expires?

If not, when does it become 'spent'?

Thanks in advance.
    A driving licence endorsement has a rehabilitation period of 5 years before it becomes spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 as described here.

You will have to declare your drink driving conviction when obtaining insurance quotes for a period of 5 years from the date your were convicted of the drink driving offence, until it becomes spent under the ROA 1974.
    Last edited by Forum Moderator; 10-20-2017 at 06:19 PM.

Regards
    Forum Moderator

UK - UK Drink Driving Laws | Drink Driving Solicitors | Convicted Drivers Insurance | BAC Calculator | FREE Legal Advice | Latest News
    | Latest Info | Drug Driving

U.S. - US DUI Drunk Driving Laws | US DUI Lawyers & Attorneys | SR22 Auto Insurance | BAC Calculator | FREE Lawyer Consultation

International - Worldwide BAC Limits Maximum legal prescribed blood alcohol content limits for over 250 countries & jurisdictions

IWAFI is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Moderator View Post
    A driving licence endorsement has a rehabilitation period of 5 years before it becomes spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 as described here.

You will have to declare your drink driving conviction when obtaining insurance quotes for a period of 5 years from the date your were convicted of the drink driving offence, until it becomes spent under the ROA 1974.
    When I used an online calculator, it said my disqualification + fine will be completely spent on 31/01/2018?

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

I think you are using the wrong calculator. There are different criteria now for criminal convictions where there is a disqualification and the offence is spent at the end of the ban. This does NOT apply to motoring disqualifications and the moderator is right to say that the conviction is not spent for drink driving until 5 years have elapsed from the date of conviction.

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes