What do you think my blood results will be?

Convicted Driver Insurance
Haha sorry as you can tell I was panicking a bit today about the possible consequences and I know that you know your stuff!
I really do appreciate how kind you have been to take the time to advise me it has been truly helpful.

I'm glad about not having to re-take my test because that would be a nightmare!

Ahh I see, I was reading on the Rehabilitations for Offenders Act that in certain jobs there are exemptions of convictions being spent after 5 or 11 years such as working in Finance which is what I work in so I was under the impression that I would always have to declare this conviction for life in any job in the finance industry even when the 5 and 11 years are up, is this not the case then as it is my only offence?

The personal lease for the car that I have does not come with insurance I have to get that separately as well as cost of servicing the car I only pay for leasing the car from them so that is a relief, a bit annoying that I will be paying for a car that I won't be using for 9 months but I suppose at least I will have the car when the ban is over as I have read online that most leasing companies will not lease you a car if you have motoring convictions within the last 5 years so I won't be able to lease another car when the lease on the one I have now comes to an end :/

Yes I agree with you with the court note situation, I don't want to appear wooden so I will make some notes but not read from the script because I am truly sorry and I want them to know that it was never my intention to drive over the limit and I wouldn't ever have one drink and drive after this, it is so reckless to think that you won't be over the limit it's so shameful, I have definitely learnt the hard way.

Yes the policeman did say it would be 8 months with the course not 9 but I have read that it is 9 months so I think he may have got a bit mixed up.
hey can i just say its utterly down to the court weather you retake your test or not.. and as for the sentencing guide lines as much as price is right my experience in court and hearing some of the drink drivers before me is that the guidelines are not set in stone.. ultimately its down to the judge on the day. as i was told id get a 20 month ban and a fine... but ended up with a 18 month ban and 80hrs of comuinty service.. its swings and round abouts but good luck

Sorry Ryan I didn't see your reply but thank you :)
My court hearing was last week, I got a 12 month ban reduced to 9 with the option of the course and a £600 fine plus £85 court costs *ouch* wasn't expecting the fine to be that much at all! The magistrate actually said it should of been £900 but as I pleaded guilty they reduced it to £600.
Incredibly though I've just received a letter in the post today from the police, it is addressed to the doctor who took my blood stating the details of my case and offering them witness confidentiality and victim support, they have only sent this to myself instead of the "witness" and have put the wrong postcode on the letter!
Not very happy with this as it went to my neighbours house as it had the wrong postcode on it and she had opened this confidential letter so I will be writing a letter of complaint tomorrow, funny how when people make a mistake the police are quick enough to lay down the law but then send a confidential "witness" letter to the "offender".

Sorry Ryan I didn't see your reply but thank you :)
My court hearing was last week, I got a 12 month ban reduced to 9 with the option of the course and a £600 fine plus £85 court costs *ouch* wasn't expecting the fine to be that much at all! The magistrate actually said it should of been £900 but as I pleaded guilty they reduced it to £600.
Incredibly though I've just received a letter in the post today from the police, it is addressed to the doctor who took my blood stating the details of my case and offering them witness confidentiality and victim support, they have only sent this to myself instead of the "witness" and have put the wrong postcode on the letter!
Not very happy with this as it went to my neighbours house as it had the wrong postcode on it and she had opened this confidential letter so I will be writing a letter of complaint tomorrow, funny how when people make a mistake the police are quick enough to lay down the law but then send a confidential "witness" letter to the "offender".
9 month ban not so bad I'm doing my drink drive course in the next few weeks and yeah they often cock up when I got my community service letter through it had the wrong amount of hours the court issued on it

Well an even weirder thing happened today, I went round to my my mums house (which is the address that is on my driving license) and there was a letter addressed to me, when I opened it it had my card licence and my paper licence in it! I'm totally confused as I thought this was sent to the DVLA after you handed it in at court and you had to reapply for this when your ban had ended?

Vanessa, yes this is what should happen. Is the letter from court rather than DVLA? I have known there be an admin mix up and the court sends the licence back to the person disqualified rather than to DVLA. If this is the case, you should return the licence to the court as it is no longer valid, and will still not be valid at the end of your ban, it does have to be re issued by DVLA to be a valid licence for the future. It certainly does NOT mean that you can drive now!

Hi Price, it doesn't say who the licence has come from but I gathered that the court had sent it back to me rather than the DVLA in error.
Yes I deffo won't be driving haha it just makes me laugh how good they are at hauling you up in court with all the correct documents to take your money off you but then send the "offender" the witness protection letter and send the driving licence back to the person disqualified ?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off