countdown

Convicted Driver Insurance
Status
Not open for further replies.
On that note I will not be logging in again, this forum has ran its course. I hope in the future people will gain the ability to accept the difference of opinion and to respect people's points of view. I accept it may not always be right but freedom of speech is what it is, the right to voice your opinion without fear or being ridiculed or mocked. I have moved on positively and I hope one day you all do too.

And hopefully in in the future you will gain the ability to take your own advice. Those that can do. Those that can't teach.

Ally,
I am sorry to see you leave. You have been honest about your situation and explained your journey over the past 6 months. I am sure a lot of people will have be comforted by you showing that you can gain employment involving DBS checks after a drink drive ban and interested to read your observations on the TTC Drink Drive course from your perspective as a lecturer.
I, and others here, will not give much time to people who come on here looking for sympathy for what they did, but people who ask for advice, or just get in touch to say what they are going through should get support and answers and certainly not personal comments being made about them.
Good luck!

I see that while I have been writing this, there are now 2 replies to your farewell, I hope the personal comments stop.

Last edited:
And hopefully in in the future you will gain the ability to take your own advice. Those that can do. Those that can't teach.
fair enough but I am a teacher and going off my appraisals a good one maybe next time chose your words more carefully, I am no saint but no push over either,

fair enough but I am a teacher and going off my appraisals a good one maybe next time chose your words more carefully, I am no saint but no push over either,

I tend to speak as I find and have no reason to believe I am in any way inaccurate.

You have used this forum to promote your indignance at being caught drink driving and how someone
should have told you before rather than afterwards despite endless anti DD campaigns running for the last 50 years.

Then there was the berating of the NHS worker trying to get information to help inform and educate others on the dangers
and consequences of drink driving. The very thing you claimed you should have had.

I'm sorry but all this points to someone who is full of their own importance and determined to force their views on others but reluctant to accept
the views of others. The classic 'educator'.

I tend to speak as I find and have no reason to believe I am in any way inaccurate.

You have used this forum to promote your indignance at being caught drink driving and how someone
should have told you before rather than afterwards despite endless anti DD campaigns running for the last 50 years.

Then there was the berating of the NHS worker trying to get information to help inform and educate others on the dangers
and consequences of drink driving. The very thing you claimed you should have had.

I'm sorry but all this points to someone who is full of their own importance and determined to force their views on others but reluctant to accept
the views of others. The classic 'educator'.

a true place for everyone in this world, good luck alan in your forum career. A true fault finder and empathiser of situations you have had zero experience in.

a true place for everyone in this world, good luck alan in your forum career. A true fault finder and empathiser of situations you have had zero experience in.

This is just a side-line love. Hardly a career. I built my career from an engineering apprenticeship following which I did a business studies degree (that was back in the '80s when a degree actually meant something) and then built an automotive components company from scratch employing 48 people when I sold it 11 years ago. My 'experience' consists of helping my brother rebuild his life after he was run over by a hit and run drink driver in 2003. I hope you have learnt your lesson from your indiscretion. To be honest I don't know what your last post is even supposed to mean. I have just tried to glean some sense of meaning from it. For someone who was supposed to not be posting any more, why are you still here?

Perhaps you have been hitting up on the Pinot G. I hope you find your way back from the demon drink.

Ally / Alant73
This really needs to stop. Both of your comments are of no assistance to people coming to this forum for support or advice. Every time you make a further pointless comment, all the other 8 posters get an email to say that a thread they have posted on has been updated. I look to see if anyone needs advice on something important in their life, to see a further episode in your efforts at points scoring.
Can I suggest that you either continue your exchanges by private messages so no one else is bothered by your comments, or you move on and find other sites to make useful contributions about other issues.

Ally / Alant73
This really needs to stop. Both of your comments are of no assistance to people coming to this forum for support or advice. Every time you make a further pointless comment, all the other 8 posters get an email to say that a thread they have posted on has been updated. I look to see if anyone needs advice on something important in their life, to see a further episode in your efforts at points scoring.
Can I suggest that you either continue your exchanges by private messages so no one else is bothered by your comments, or you move on and find other sites to make useful contributions about other issues.

I've said my piece and am out of here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ally / Alant73

Precisely. This thread is now going to be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off