Completion of Course - Review and Licence Query

Convicted Driver Insurance

Milly22

Well Known Member
I completed the TTC rehabilitation course in June, in order to reduce my 17 month ban by 25%.

I was a little apprehensive and somewhat nervous before the first session but I can only say positive things about it. The trainer was extremely understanding and I actually enjoyed the sessions and content, plus being able to talk to people going through the procedure. It ended up being a positive experience (I felt a little emotional when it ended haha) rather than just a box to tick.

The sessions were all online, and be aware they are very strict in terms of rules (making sure you are on screen, no other people around or distractions etc) and timings (if you are more than a few mins late to the session, or back from breaks, you risk needing to rebook). If you break the rules after being warned, you do risk being ommitted from the course and not receiving your reduction. So basically, don't be a d*ck.

Not long after completing the course I received my confirmation of completion, but my licence details have still not been updated so I am still showing as disqualified until April 2024 rather than January 2024. It's been 2 months now so I am getting a little worried and unsure who to contact (if anybody) to see if there is an issue.

Can anybody advise me on whether to wait longer and see if it changes or to contact somebody?

I completed the TTC rehabilitation course in June, in order to reduce my 17 month ban by 25%.

I was a little apprehensive and somewhat nervous before the first session but I can only say positive things about it. The trainer was extremely understanding and I actually enjoyed the sessions and content, plus being able to talk to people going through the procedure. It ended up being a positive experience (I felt a little emotional when it ended haha) rather than just a box to tick.

The sessions were all online, and be aware they are very strict in terms of rules (making sure you are on screen, no other people around or distractions etc) and timings (if you are more than a few mins late to the session, or back from breaks, you risk needing to rebook). If you break the rules after being warned, you do risk being ommitted from the course and not receiving your reduction. So basically, don't be a d*ck.

Not long after completing the course I received my confirmation of completion, but my licence details have still not been updated so I am still showing as disqualified until April 2024 rather than January 2024. It's been 2 months now so I am getting a little worried and unsure who to contact (if anybody) to see if there is an issue.

Can anybody advise me on whether to wait longer and see if it changes or to contact somebody?
Hi, the course provider will send the appropriate details to the court where you attended for your disqualification so I would ring them first to see if they have received your completion certificate, the court then passes this information on to the dvla. I called the court first and they gave me a date and time when they sent my certificate to the dvla. I then called the dvla and my details were updated a couple of days after.

Hi, the course provider will send the appropriate details to the court where you attended for your disqualification so I would ring them first to see if they have received your completion certificate, the court then passes this information on to the dvla. I called the court first and they gave me a date and time when they sent my certificate to the dvla. I then called the dvla and my details were updated a couple of days after.

Thank you for this - I will try and give them a call this afternoon. Don't want to risk it not going on my licence!

Update: spoke to the court and they said they hadn't received notification from the provider that I had completed it, so I had to call TTC to ask them to send it. So there has either been an error from TTC or the court in terms of processing it. But all sorted now and going through to DVLA.

Good job I was checking my licence info - make sure you do the same if awaiting a reduction!

I had the same problem. DVLA said they hadn't received the certificate of course completion from the courts, the courts said they hadn't received the certificate from the course providers. I wish I had checked earlier as I could have had my license back a month sooner. The court wouldn't accept the certificate of completion I sent and the course providers wouldn't send the certificate to the email address that the court said to tell themas it should have come directly from the courts. The whole episode was a farce. Luckily, a sympathetic person at Derby Magistrates Court called TTC 2000 and got them to send a copy to them directly as I'd still be waiting now and my ban should have been up this May not June when I finally received my license back.

Update:
After back and forward calls (still no certificate on my record after it being resent last week!), I spoke to somebody today who informed me the email address of the court had been changed and they hadn't updated anybody with it.

Not TTC (and I imagine any other providers), not even the magistrates admin offices. So I have had to call TTC to pass on the new email address for them to send the certificate again. Hopefully this will now be sorted but it makes me think about the people won't check their licence info / that their certificates have been sent through if they went through the same court as I did...

I had the same problem. DVLA said they hadn't received the certificate of course completion from the courts, the courts said they hadn't received the certificate from the course providers. I wish I had checked earlier as I could have had my license back a month sooner. The court wouldn't accept the certificate of completion I sent and the course providers wouldn't send the certificate to the email address that the court said to tell themas it should have come directly from the courts. The whole episode was a farce. Luckily, a sympathetic person at Derby Magistrates Court called TTC 2000 and got them to send a copy to them directly as I'd still be waiting now and my ban should have been up this May not June when I finally received my license back.
That's extremely frustrating! We pay for the course as well - did they acknowledge that?
Fortunately, I was able to pass on the email that was given to me BUT I don't feel like that should have been my job - and they wouldn't have even known if I hadn't kept calling trying to figure it out. TTC had initially tried sending my certificate over 2 months ago so who even knows how long ago they changed the email address, or how many certificates haven't been received.

That's extremely frustrating! We pay for the course as well - did they acknowledge that?
Fortunately, I was able to pass on the email that was given to me BUT I don't feel like that should have been my job - and they wouldn't have even known if I hadn't kept calling trying to figure it out. TTC had initially tried sending my certificate over 2 months ago so who even knows how long ago they changed the email address, or how many certificates haven't been receiv

Fortunately, I was able to pass on the email that was given to me BUT I don't feel like that should have been my job - and they wouldn't have even known if I hadn't kept calling trying to figure it out. TTC had initially tried sending my certificate over 2 months ago so who even knows how long ago they changed the email address, or how many certificates haven't been received.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off