Can high Iron dosage reduce your CDT??

Convicted Driver Insurance
Moderator,

You have replied to someone who is posing as me on this site. This sad idiot has copied my use name and signature, but is clearly listed as a new member. I have already commented in this feed, so it is clear what this guy is trying to do.

Can you get that account blocked and get back to me please?

Regards

M

The account has now been banned.

I most probably wont fail the test with gallstones ..And yes not sure who mentioned it , if someone who wants there lisence back cannot stay of the drink for 5 weeks then there is something wrong ..I was due my license back November ..I thought i shall just wait till after x-mass ,i didnt even drink over x-mass ..Applied after it was all done and got the letter booked my medical straight away ..I did have a drink 6th of January but this does not have me worried ..With drink i can take it or leave it .

I see I got all the big cheeses involved in this thread... ;)

You guys all seem pretty pissed at me though for being a HRO and expressing my views?? With Hewl, all like butter doesn't melt in its mouth.

I know Hewl thinks I should be stuck by lightning and rot in hell for ever more about night of foolishness but I also know policeman Price and his friend got beat up by the moderator and others for their views on the subject. Hehehehehe.... :p

Ah well, medical is booked for the beginning of March so let's see.

I'm not trying to cheat the system at all, I'm just eating milk thistle, iron (lots of it just to piss you lot off), amino acids, dandelion, wellmans, vitamin c, echinacea and many others hoping to pass the CDT. Nice fresh Brazilian coffee beans, the lot. Paying yet again as a high risk offender. I should bill you guys....
Not cheat my way back into a licence as PC young attitude thinks but to make sure I get a high pass rate in the smallest time possible.

What happens usually though when I stop drinking is it does make me a little partial to a joint.....

Do you know if cannabis makes any difference to your CDT levels and if so what timescales???? I am quite aware that they are not going to do a urine test.

You guys all seem pretty pissed at me though for being a HRO and expressing my views?? With Hewl, all like butter doesn't melt in its mouth.

I know Hewl thinks I should be stuck by lightning and rot in hell for ever more about night of foolishness but I also know policeman Price and his friend got beat up by the moderator and others for their views on the subject. Hehehehehe.... :p

I'm not trying to cheat the system at all, I'm just eating milk thistle, iron (lots of it just to piss you lot off), amino acids, dandelion, wellmans, vitamin c, echinacea and many others hoping to pass the CDT. Nice fresh Brazilian coffee beans, the lot. Paying yet again as a high risk offender. I should bill you guys....
Not cheat my way back into a licence as PC young attitude thinks but to make sure I get a high pass rate in the smallest time possible.

What happens usually though when I stop drinking is it does make me a little partial to a joint.....

Do you know if cannabis makes any difference to your CDT levels and if so what timescales???? I am quite aware that they are not going to do a urine test.

I can assure you that I have not been "beaten up" by the moderator about anything I have posted on this topic, or any other topic for that matter.... I am sure the moderator would be able to confirm that.
as an ex police officer, and current helper of people to get their licence back through the drink drive rehabilitation scheme, I took the trouble on another thread to offer you advice on how to ensure you passed your medical. You then advocated trying to get a "false positive" result with iron tablets. That was what I, and others objected to. Whatever you hope will reduce your CDT reading is up to you, but by saying you want to mask the real reading not reduce it and lying to cover it up, - because you do not want to address your drinking - in my view is unacceptable.

i do know what effect cannabis has on CDT, but as you do not think my opinion is up to much, I will refrain from telling you......

You may be wrong on the last bit. How many people are booked in for a medical at the beginning of March after a 5 year ban.... who also had a medical in 2009? If DVLA monitor this site, they might just decide that a urine sample IS required.......... This also puts to bed Mclanelli's support for you about only having 5 weeks to prepare for the medical. You were aware the moment you were banned again that you would have to do a medical at the end of your 5 year ban, like last time.
Having said all that, if you have finally decided to look at your drinking, even at this late stage, I wish you well with your efforts to get back on the road. I do not judge drink drivers, but I do challenge them to address their issues to help make our roads safer.

Not at all lol ive been banging iron tablets down me for 2 days ..I will try anything to pass the medical ,will report back how i get on my medical is tomorrow morning .Im not to worried about it in all honesty ,thought id be up all night worried but na ..I have been using extra strength milk thistle and lots of vitamins..If i new for a fact that iron would give a false positive id have applied sooner , i just thought with gallstones i was goosed ..Good luck to all i still think il fail but hey ho ..Will also update my times/results as i do not plan on buying a car right away :) .

I can assure you that I have not been "beaten up" by the moderator about anything I have posted on this topic, or any other topic for that matter.... I am sure the moderator would be able to confirm that.

Confirmed. Price is an asset to this forum and is very knowledgeable on matters relating to drink driving offences from the beginning to the end of the process, due to being an ex police officer and working with the TTC Group.

Not at all lol ive been banging iron tablets down me for 2 days ..I will try anything to pass the medical ,will report back how i get on my medical is tomorrow morning .Im not to worried about it in all honesty ,thought id be up all night worried but na ..I have been using extra strength milk thistle and lots of vitamins..If i new for a fact that iron would give a false positive id have applied sooner , i just thought with gallstones i was goosed ..Good luck to all i still think il fail but hey ho ..Will also update my times/results as i do not plan on buying a car right away :) .

Micc
i have not said that taking iron tablets produces a false positive for drink drivers, the research that was linked to related to results from people who were suffering from Iron overload, which is a medical condition that causes the liver to store excessive amounts of iron. If you do not have that condition, you will not get iron overload from taking too much iron.......
You should read up on the side effects of taking too much iron into the body. There is research that shows some unpleasant side effects from this.
i do not advocate believing newspaper articles as a definitive answer to medical queries, but the Daily Mail highlighted (and yes, maybe exaggerated) the problem with taking iron tablets unless you have anaemia a couple of days ago:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...tudy-reveals-damage-body-just-10-MINUTES.html

I'm not trying to cheat the system at all, I'm just eating milk thistle, iron (lots of it just to piss you lot off), amino acids, dandelion, wellmans, vitamin c, echinacea and many others hoping to pass the CDT. Nice fresh Brazilian coffee beans, the lot.

Perhaps you should try addressing your alcohol issues instead

Micc
i have not said that taking iron tablets produces a false positive for drink drivers, the research that was linked to related to results from people who were suffering from Iron overload, which is a medical condition that causes the liver to store excessive amounts of iron. If you do not have that condition, you will not get iron overload from taking too much iron.......
You should read up on the side effects of taking too much iron into the body. There is research that shows some unpleasant side effects from this.
i do not advocate believing newspaper articles as a definitive answer to medical queries, but the Daily Mail highlighted (and yes, maybe exaggerated) the problem with taking iron tablets unless you have anaemia a couple of days ago:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...tudy-reveals-damage-body-just-10-MINUTES.html

I did read up on it ..And from what i read did not think iron would help anyones case ..I have been doing what most do i think ..And been using a detox that has multivitamins..And also been using Milk thistle..I do think i have mucked up as i answered no to dependency however i thought it meant to drink ..I do not have any drink problems but i am on medication .Will see what happens tomorrow morning , either way i wanted to do it anyway as i do think stronger laws will come in regarding drink drivers ..And do not want caught up in any new laws .

If i pass then i shall be over the moon if i fail well i will have failed threw the meds i take rather than alcohol .My 30th is on Sunday i should be out living it up but no it will be a nice meal in a hotel :) ..I feel old :p .

Sent away for new licence (13.01.2016) -Postal order

Received letter to book medical (25.01,2016)

Will book a medical on Monday (1.02.2016)

Got medical 16/02/2016

recieved conformation i had passed my medical on 21/02/2016

To pass the medical i hadnt drunk for 4 weeks before ..I had taken loads of vitamins and drunk 2 ltrs of water a day ..I did not mention every med i was on only the 2 main ones ..No contact was made to my doctor .License issued and will receive it tomorrow .

• Just thought id copy this over to here ...

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off