Worth getting legal assistance?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Sunny46

I’m due in court in 2 weeks, stopped for faulty brake light on my way to work, breathalysed and was over the limit from the night before with a reading of 53. First offence, clean license, single parent, almost impossible to get to work without a car and closest family are 50 miles away. I was wondering if legal help would make any difference?

None whatsoever, unless there was some issue about if you were driving, it you think there was something wrong with the Police procedure..... Then a solicitor can be worthwhile.
The reality is that you face a ban of 12-16 months. The issues about work and family are irrelevant to the ban. I am not being harsh, just saying what the reality is in court.
(if the magistrates don’t offer it anyway) you can ask to be allowed to attend a Drink Drive Rehabilitation course (you pay for this) which will knock up to 25% off the length of the ban.
The ban is inevitable, the only debate is the length of it.....

Details of offence as provided by you:

• Specimen Type: breath
  • Alcohol Level: between 36 and 59
  • No previous drink driving related convictions within the proceeding 10 years
  • You have not been disqualified two or more times for 56 days or more within the proceeding 3 years
Based on the information you provided above, upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol, Magistrates' sentencing guidelines suggest:

Drink Driving Rehabilitation Course
All courts usually offer first time offenders the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course. A court may allow an offender to take the course a second time where there is a good reason to do so. Offenders will not usually be offered a chance to take the course for a third time. Completing the course can reduce any disqualification period imposed by up to 25%.

Enter New Information

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off