worried sick

Convicted Driver Insurance
Insurance is a strange thing, unlike many other contracts where 'caveat emptor' rules may apply, (i.e. let the buyer be aware), insurance has a system where you are obliged to disclose whatever you know, whether you think it is relevant or not. Failing to disclose could see the contract deemed invalid on claiming. You then have no recourse, not knowing that you were supposed to tell them something is not a defence. The semantics of the wording are irrelevant, you HAVE to tell them you have a criminal conviction if they ask, not doing so could be classed as fraud. Drink driving is a criminal offence not a motoring conviction. If you declare it, it may not alter the quote you get (an underwriter may review it), but not declaring could cause no end of issues if you do make a claim...
So does home insurance fall like car insurance in that after 5 years it's spent or do you have to declare it forever...….so blooming confusing

So does home insurance fall like car insurance in that after 5 years it's spent or do you have to declare it forever...….so blooming confusing
A criminal conviction is only disclosable for as long as it is relevant. If you were sent to prison for 10 years or something, I believe it is disclosable for life, however with the rehabilitation of offenders act, your drink driving conviction is only disclosable for 5 years (well for insurance purposes anyway, for jobs with vulnerable people etc. it will still show on an enhanced DBS check for life). Not easy I agree, but REALLY IMPORTANT if it comes to it....

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off