Worried sick! Gp or delay gp

Convicted Driver Insurance

Vik007

Hey guys just looking for some advise. My driving licence for my car was revoked due to alcohol dependency last feb 2019. I had to show absense for one year. I was doing great and re applied before COVID. As year was up Dvla only got back to me last week as for further information from my GP. (Blood) which I have not provided due to COVID. However in between I started drinking every other day vodka mainly. I have an appointment next wed. And I have been tee toto till now. That would make it 10 prior to bloods. What do you think? Should I delay as I need my licicnce for work and fear it’s not enough time for the blood pramaters to have come down to normal? Plus what is the normal?
Any help would be great!!

Hey guys just looking for some advise. My driving licence for my car was revoked due to alcohol dependency last feb 2019. I had to show absense for one year. I was doing great and re applied before COVID. As year was up Dvla only got back to me last week as for further information from my GP. (Blood) which I have not provided due to COVID. However in between I started drinking every other day vodka mainly. I have an appointment next wed. And I have been tee toto till now. That would make it 10 prior to bloods. What do you think? Should I delay as I need my licicnce for work and fear it’s not enough time for the blood pramaters to have come down to normal? Plus what is the normal?
Any help would be great!!
Hi hope your well,I personally wouldn't be going for bloods for 8 weeks if I had been drinking vodka every other day for any amount of time,weather it be a week or longer.

How much vodka “every other day” are you talking about?
And what else have you had with it? - I don’t mean the tonic.....

How much vodka “every other day” are you talking about?
And what else have you had with it? - I don’t mean the tonic.....
Half a bottle Russian standard with juice or mixer. Every other day meaning three days a week.

Half a bottle Russian standard with juice or mixer. Every other day meaning three days a week.
Hi you need to stop drinking and give yourself two months free of alcohol to be on the safe side to pass your cat tests.

Hi you need to stop drinking and give yourself two months free of alcohol to be on the safe side to pass your cat tests.
Yeah not been drinking at all now for a week. And will continue this and I will re are she the appointment as can’t afford another year. For 2 months. But do you know does the cdt level need to be below 1 percent?

Yeah not been drinking at all now for a week. And will continue this and I will re are she the appointment as can’t afford another year. For 2 months. But do you know does the cdt level need to be below 1 percent?
2.1 per cent I believe,anything above this may/will raise a concern with the dvla.

If you're alcohol dependant you should not be on the road full stop if you are consuming alcohol again. The point of the medical procedure with the DVLA is to stop high risk drivers from being on the road. If you didn't want to do another year you shouldn't have drank again. You need to make the decision if your licence is more important or if getting drunk is more important, if you decide the latter then make peace with never holding a licence for the rest of your life.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, I'm a recovering alcoholic myself and understand fully the temptation. A half bottle every other night is not normal drinking and will get worse. The DVLA revoke people for drinking over 14 units a week, you are currently consuming 32 units per week. This is 3 times what the DVLA allow for a normal driver and will put your CDT outside of the range they are looking for.

If you're alcohol dependant you should not be on the road full stop if you are consuming alcohol again. The point of the medical procedure with the DVLA is to stop high risk drivers from being on the road. If you didn't want to do another year you shouldn't have drank again. You need to make the decision if your licence is more important or if getting drunk is more important, if you decide the latter then make peace with never holding a licence for the rest of your life.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, I'm a recovering alcoholic myself and understand fully the temptation. A half bottle every other night is not normal drinking and will get worse. The DVLA revoke people for drinking over 14 units a week, you are currently consuming 32 units per week. This is 3 times what the DVLA allow for a normal driver and will put your CDT outside of the range they are looking for.
That’s for your advise I completely understand what you mean. This was one week in particular I relapsed. Since then tee toto and maintaining that.
My licence is a priority. Not drank since however reading the comments it’s to soon so will matain abesence.

That’s for your advise I completely understand what you mean. This was one week in particular I relapsed. Since then tee toto and maintaining that.
My licence is a priority. Not drank since however reading the comments it’s to soon so will matain abesence.
Stay teetotal for 3weeks get private medichecks test and that'll give you a base line figure. If classed as dependent you'll need to be be 1.0 max preferably under this

Grice always says it as it is and better to ear that than lies.Delay your blood test for a few weeks saying your not feeling well and take heed from what has been said. Month to 6 weeks and should be fine but stay off the booze or no licence (Simple)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off