Worried sick about medical due to alcohol history nearly 2 years ago (advice needed)

Convicted Driver Insurance

Desmondo

I am due to book my medical in the next 7 days. I have abstained from booze for 3 weeks now completely however at the time of my accident 19 months ago my wife encouraged me to go to get help as i was binging quite heavily at the weekends but I have never drank through the week. I asked to be prescribed Antabuse as I knew this was a no-nonsense drug and would keep temptation away with workmates etc. I took this medication for 3 months and this resolved my problem (Me and the wife are still together) lol.

I understand that the medical is a CDT test which is fine and I am fairly sure I will pass without problem. My big concern is obviously is my history and how this will look, however this was well over a year ago. I am scared to death of lying on the questionnaire in case they contact my GP as they may then prosecute. I really need to get my license back as the NHS have put my 13 year old daughter in a hospital 40 miles away which is not easy to get to by public transport following mental health problems and this could be quite long term.

Does anyone have any experience similar to mines or any advice about whether or not lying leads to prosecution. Any help greatly appreciated.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off