Worried about medical history

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi bigtoon

I'm gutted for you mate, bloody nightmare and all seems a long slog, regardless of your medical result that must of been good being 10 months abstinence they still would not have it, my medical is in 8 days and It will work out couple months abstinence but I did suffer depression 4 years ago due to alcohol, not seen doctor for 4 years either but spoke with him couple weeks ago and he was quite supportive about me trying to obtain my licence back, I still think the main results come down to what the doctors say,
Did your answers in the medical stay within the guidelines.
I was honest and I had to be so it would not have looked to great on the medical questionnaire :(

Ok so spoke with DVLA and I can reapply for my C1 - D1 licence (3.5 - 7.5T) using the D2 application form and the D4 medical questionnaire. Basically I need to meet the medical standard for group 2 and the 3 year abstinence is only for lorry and bus drivers.
They are sending me the documents in the post now even though the website says there at not during this time because of COVID.

Also spoke with my GP who is looking back through my medical history to see if any previous GP has noted dependence. Fingers crossed and if not he will write to DVLA saying it was depression that lead me to alcohol misuse.

The very high percentage of outcomes/results of fellow forum user's on this forum have had there licences revoked and it all boils down to there medical history,

The very high percentage of outcomes/results of fellow forum user's on this forum have had there licences revoked and it all boils down to there medical history,
Yeah true and I wish I hadn’t said anything to my GP. But you don’t think of that at the time.

But it's not all bad, try to target your cdt levels below 1% and it will work massively in your favour, so zero alcohol up until medicals (no cheeky ones) your be surprised how much will power you have.?

I am just about to send of my paperwork to get my licence back as I can do this 8 weeks before my 12 months alcohol free. My last liver function test was march and all was good and doctor has all documented. Do you think the DVLA will want another LFT or should I just give them the 3 i have had last 10 months?

I am just about to send of my paperwork to get my licence back as I can do this 8 weeks before my 12 months alcohol free. My last liver function test was march and all was good and doctor has all documented. Do you think the DVLA will want another LFT or should I just give them the 3 i have had last 10 months?
You will be fine if its documented but a forth one would certainly help as shows your free of drink and will support your application

Thank you. Do I need to get the doctor to give me the evidence and send this with my application?
They will write to your doctor during the process of your application. There will be a few more replies on some questions who will give you more info than i can so keep an eye on this thread.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off