Worried about DVLA accepting abstinence

Convicted Driver Insurance

222johnny222

Hi there
sorry if this is a repeat.
I am HRO coming to the end of a four year ban (reduced to three by the course) I used to be a dependent drinker and has my last drop just over 14 months ago.
I have cirrhosis of the liver and am concerned what the dvla medical might throw up because of this, I am planning to change jobs at the end of my ban up this means taking a leap of faith that my licence will be returned.
I have five months left, is there anything I should/could do now?
I have had no contact with my Dr since my first day of sobriety 14 months ago.
TIA

Hi there
sorry if this is a repeat.
I am HRO coming to the end of a four year ban (reduced to three by the course) I used to be a dependent drinker and has my last drop just over 14 months ago.
I have cirrhosis of the liver and am concerned what the dvla medical might throw up because of this, I am planning to change jobs at the end of my ban up this means taking a leap of faith that my licence will be returned.
I have five months left, is there anything I should/could do now?
I have had no contact with my Dr since my first day of sobriety 14 months ago.
TIA

You need to make an appointment with your doctor and log that you are still abstinent and have at least 1 liver function test but aim for 3 over the coming months, even if it is outside normal parameters with your cirrhosis it's still an indication of your drinking. It would be off the charts with cirrhosis plus continued drinking. Once you have your doctor on your side and he tells the DVLA 19 months at the time of the medical you should be okay.

You need to make an appointment with your doctor and log that you are still abstinent and have at least 1 liver function test but aim for 3 over the coming months, even if it is outside normal parameters with your cirrhosis it's still an indication of your drinking. It would be off the charts with cirrhosis plus continued drinking. Once you have your doctor on your side and he tells the DVLA 19 months at the time of the medical you should be okay.
Thank you.
I will get them arrange.

I did exactly as you suggested and only 16 days late but got my licence back !

they asked me to make an appointment to see my Dr as I hadn’t seen him for 19 months.

appreciate the advice. Thank you .

I did exactly as you suggested and only 16 days late but got my licence back !

they asked me to make an appointment to see my Dr as I hadn’t seen him for 19 months.

appreciate the advice. Thank you .
So did u have to have any lft tests? And if so, how many?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off