Words of advice please

Convicted Driver Insurance

Idiot2612

Hi guys

Firstly great forum some really useful advice.

So on friday evening i foolishly decided to drive home from the pub after a couple too many.

On my journey home i have had a collision with another car and ended up in a field, at this point i have scambled from my car and hide. I came out when the police came and cooperated fully with them.

Luckily the other party was ok and for this i am so thankful.

I have a court date to appear in court during feb, i blew 65 on the machine.

Activating circumstances, leaving the scene and the collision.

Mitigation - clean licence, good character, job working with vulnerable and i provide elements of care for my elderly gran (which geographically will now be very hard)

What am i looking at from court?? Reading your great forum would i be right in thinking;

17 to 24 month ban??
Fine...
What would a community order look like??

Also i am worried about car, currently at recovery card? Insurance state policy may be void and only 3rd parties covered?? Is this correct and what do i do about my car??

My head is all over and goes from ashamed to solution focussed on a frequent basis.

Any thoughts welcome

You are correct as far as it goes for what sentencing bracket you fall into. With a reading of 65 it will more than likely just he a fine and ban but if you do get a community order due to your aggravating factors then it'll take the form of any sort of unpaid work. I have a friend who has had 2, once he was ordered to work in a charity shop and once he had to take an alcohol awareness course. As for your car, this may not be what you want to hear but it is a total loss.

Almost all insurers with the exception of 1 or 2 void your insurance in the case of DD and only pay out for the third party. If you were insured with the admiral group so admiral, elephant, bell, diamond or gladiator then they will persue you for the costs of the third party claim as their drink and drug policy states that you are liable for all third party costs when in a collision while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Make sure you ask or have your solicitor ask for the drink driving awareness course in court as it will grant you a 25% reduction in your ban upon completion. Be up front with your employer, it's better coming from you than being read from a newspaper. You probably won't be the first member of staff caught over the limit and you won't be the last.

To be fair I crashed and caused serious property damage and was given a ban and a fine (smaller ban and fine because I'm in NI) but there was the possibility of a community order due to the property damage but the judge sentencing me went with a ban and fine. I would say it's 50/50 mate, depends how your particular judge feels about drink driving etc

Well today is court day!!

This afternoon along with my solicitor attending court, bricking it to be fair. That said once over i will know where i stand.

Done so much reading and looking at sentencing the mind boggles. Solicitor says looking at 18 or 19 months with a fine.

Personally from research i am still thinking on the lines of 20 months. To be fair its 3 week per month with reduction lookomg at it positively!!

I am hoping to avoid the communuty service, i will be sure to update later.

Well today is court day!!

This afternoon along with my solicitor attending court, bricking it to be fair. That said once over i will know where i stand.

Done so much reading and looking at sentencing the mind boggles. Solicitor says looking at 18 or 19 months with a fine.

Personally from research i am still thinking on the lines of 20 months. To be fair its 3 week per month with reduction lookomg at it positively!!

I am hoping to avoid the communuty service, i will be sure to update later.
Good luck dress smart don’t forget you will have to fill in a means test form so need to note all your monthly outgoings, all savings, income etc. I did it before I went plus pay slip as I couldn’t have done it whilst sat in court

Sat waiting to go into court.
Solicitor has scared me a little with aggravating factors.
Worried sick with so many regrets.
Fingers crossed i am ok in 2 hours x

Wow

Result really, 18 months. Fine and costs totalling 516.
Solicitor best 300 i have spent in a few years!!
Opted for tcc course!

Judges were all nice and its such a relief.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off