Wish me luck posted my application for my driving license

Convicted Driver Insurance
Just a quick update. Just got of the phone with the medical team and they advised they received the DVLA records results. Next step medical team will review and make a decision. If all well he said once they've made the decision there and then it takes 24 48 hours for system to update and that I can check online if licence has been issued or not. If they need further info he said they'll write to my GP requesting further Info. So basically the process we all know about on here.
Fingers crossed not too long to wait for you Gypy.

Here's my timeline

Sent application : 21st July 2021
Tracking indicates DVLA received it : 22nd July 2021
Postal Order cashed: 31st August 2021
Called DVLA and spoke to medical on the 14/9/2021 and they advised letter sent on the 8th sept 2021
12/10/2021 Had DVLA medical
27/10/2021. Called DVLA and they advised medical team received my medical report on the 26/10/21
28/10/21 full 10 year licence issued

3 year Ban ended Sunday 17th October 2021 so I got my licence back 11 days after ban ended.

I received my letter from DVLA today advising my driving licence will be issued as soon as possible. They provided my cdt result which was 0.5

In the letter they also mentioned they will send the result to my doctors surgery for their record. I'm confused about that part as why they'd want to. Is that normal seeing I didn't have to go see my GP before my licence was issued?

I received my letter from DVLA today advising my driving licence will be issued as soon as possible. They provided my cdt result which was 0.5

In the letter they also mentioned they will send the result to my doctors surgery for their record. I'm confused about that part as why they'd want to. Is that normal seeing I didn't have to go see my GP before my licence was issued?
My letter said that as well and i had no communication with my GP. I presume it just goes on your file for any future reference.

Here's my timeline

Sent application : 21st July 2021
Tracking indicates DVLA received it : 22nd July 2021
Postal Order cashed: 31st August 2021
Called DVLA and spoke to medical on the 14/9/2021 and they advised letter sent on the 8th sept 2021
12/10/2021 Had DVLA medical
27/10/2021. Called DVLA and they advised medical team received my medical report on the 26/10/21
28/10/21 full 10 year licence issued

3 year Ban ended Sunday 17th October 2021 so I got my licence back 11 days after ban ended.
You must be the exception that proves the rule in that your licence was issued 16 days after your medical.

I had my medical on the 30th September and I am still waiting as of today (30th October,) a month later.

I called a week ago and was told they had all my info and it was waiting on review by the medical team. My ban ended on the 12th October, so like many others, I am wondering what you did right that we did wrong?

I'll try again first thing on Monday and see if it's any further forward.

You must be the exception that proves the rule in that your licence was issued 16 days after your medical.

I had my medical on the 30th September and I am still waiting as of today (30th October,) a month later.

I called a week ago and was told they had all my info and it was waiting on review by the medical team. My ban ended on the 12th October, so like many others, I am wondering what you did right that we did wrong?

I’m with you on this. Starting to wonder what I have done wrong. Now 14 weeks post medical. This whole process seems like a joke with little consistency in what people need to do to get their licenses back.

I’m with you on this. Starting to wonder what I have done wrong. Now 14 weeks post medical. This whole process seems like a joke with little consistency in what people need to do to get their licenses back.
Agree, I've also been thinking recently that something is wrong.
My GP report has been for review at medical department for 12 weeks.
I wasn't asked to attend medical this time around, if I'm asked by medical department then it will be months again probably till I get new license.

I haven't done anything from the usual as you can see by my timeline. I honestly don't know but happy though and understand what everyone is going through as I was the same.

Gypy

Congratulations on getting the driving licence back with the full ten years.

I assume you have no declarable medical history with alcohol?

You are in a very privilaged position now of not having to do any more DVLA medicals which is a blessing.

CJ

Gypy

Congratulations on getting the driving licence back with the full ten years.

I assume you have no declarable medical history with alcohol?

You are in a very privilaged position now of not having to do any more DVLA medicals which is a blessing.

CJ
Thank you CJ. Correct no alcohol or medical issues either to declare to the DVLA.

Indeed it's a blessing to not have to do anymore medicals and also to have my licence back.
In all honesty when I got behind the wheel it felt like my passing my test for the first time 27years ago lol and I was excited as well.

There is no way I'll be losing it again. 3 years was along time and I forgot how good to feel not to have to rely on the wife or cabs to get around.

Hi all,

Just posted my application for my driving licence with the postal order yesterday and as per the special delivery they received it this morning.
I'm HRO so fingers crossed process won't take to long lol. My ban is up 18th October 2021 so hopefully gives them plenty of time to sort out.

I'll be posting more on the progress on here to give others an idea of any issues I may face during this and time spans.
I'm not worried about the CDT test as I don't drink anymore but my only concerned is the contacting GP part if they do reach out to them as I don't have an email for them only postal address and worried this may delay the process reading by the posts on here where half the delay is DVLA stating they never received GP filled questionnaire..

Anyway wish me luck guys and I'll keep you all posted on progress 🙂
Good luck,
Sent my application off end of June, phoned last week to be told it's on the system!
They were deciding between my doctor or a medical as next step, I said make it medical as I have not seen my G.P. for over a year.
Still waiting today 31/10/21.

Good luck,
Sent my application off end of June, phoned last week to be told it's on the system!
They were deciding between my doctor or a medical as next step, I said make it medical as I have not seen my G.P. for over a year.
Thanks. I got my full 10 year licence back last Thursday. There was another person on here who received there's less then a month after they had their DVLA medical. I looked online and they had issued my licence 16 days after dvla medical and they sent me my cdt result yesterday as well. It was 0.2

Wishing you all the best

Good luck,
Hi, did they tell you they were deciding between your GP for an actual medical or a GP report?
Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks. I got my full 10 year licence back last Thursday. There was another person on here who received there's less then a month after they had their DVLA medical. I looked online and they had issued my licence 16 days after dvla medical and they sent me my cdt result yesterday as well. It was 0.2

Wishing you all the best
Sorry typo. Cdt was 0.5

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off