Wish me luck posted my application for my driving license

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi all,
Just a quick update. Just had confirmation from the post office that DVLA cashed my postal order yesterday so seems wheels are in motion. Haven't had any post from them as yet but I imagine it will be soon.
Won't lie I'm getting nervous now lol as though I'm waiting for a job interview 🙃 drink wise I've been good abstaining and I had performed a medicheck test a while back and it was 0.5
Just the headache if they do decide to go to my GP thus prolonging the already long wait as I haven't seen my GP for the past 3 years and last time was for a chest infection to prescribe me antibiotics so no alcohol related stuff on my GP file.
I'll keep yous posted once I receive any correspondence from DVLA.

Timeline:
Sent application : 21st July 2021
Tracking indicates DVLA received it : 22nd July 2021
Postal Order cashed: 31st August 2021
Ban due to end: 17th October 2021 (3 year ban HRO failure to provide)

Hi all,
Just a quick update. Just had confirmation from the post office that DVLA cashed my postal order yesterday so seems wheels are in motion. Haven't had any post from them as yet but I imagine it will be soon.
Won't lie I'm getting nervous now lol as though I'm waiting for a job interview 🙃 drink wise I've been good abstaining and I had performed a medicheck test a while back and it was 0.5
Just the headache if they do decide to go to my GP thus prolonging the already long wait as I haven't seen my GP for the past 3 years and last time was for a chest infection to prescribe me antibiotics so no alcohol related stuff on my GP file.
I'll keep yous posted once I receive any correspondence from DVLA.

Timeline:
Ban due to end: 17th October 2021 (3 year ban HRO failure to provide)
Good news they cashed mine on the 26th and I sent my application on the 12th of July not heard anything yet either.

With you on the GP bit though not seen him for the best part of 18 odd years

Good news they cashed mine on the 26th and I sent my application on the 12th of July not heard anything yet either.

With you on the GP bit though not seen him for the best part of 18 odd years
My timeline was;

Application: 15th July
Scanned to System: 27th July
Cheque Cashed: 31st August

6 weeks seems to be the length of time it takes to get a cheque cashed. My ban ends on the 11th October, and I have contacted a Medical Practice who do work for DVLA, confirmed that they can see me for a Medical within 2 days, but both they and I need the paperwork.

I contacted DVLA and gave them my preferred practice, which is longer as the crow flies but quicker via public transport.

At the minute all I am waiting on is a pro-forma letter and I don't understand why that part would take so long, unless they are slowing the entire process down to try and match the staffing and working conditions they currently have.

Hi guys. Just a quick update now news as yet. Still waiting for the letter from DVLA to book medical and fill out the medical form.
Just a quick question anyone on here from North London Edmonton area who had to go for a medical and if yes where did they advise you to go. Just want to be prepared incase I need to travel far for it. Thanks.

Hi guys. Just another quick update. after reading the comments on another post in respect to timelines, I decided to call the DVLA on their main no to find out whats going on with my application.

spoke to a lady who advised that they received my application and its being processed and she transferred me to the medical team without my even asking :)

spoke to a really nice guy who advised that the letter has been sent out to me on the 8th sept and he gave me the name of the doctor and also address and he said for me to wait 4 days after receiving my letter to call the doctor to give the doctor time to receive my details.

He also stated that once I have booked the appointment to call them back on the no on their letter to let them that I have booked the appointment.

so time lines are:

Called DVLA and spoke to medical: 14/9/2021 and they advised letter sent on the 8th sept 2021

3 year Ban due to end: 17th October 2021

Hi guys. Just another quick update. after reading the comments on another post in respect to timelines, I decided to call the DVLA on their main no to find out whats going on with my application.

spoke to a lady who advised that they received my application and its being processed and she transferred me to the medical team without my even asking :)

spoke to a really nice guy who advised that the letter has been sent out to me on the 8th sept and he gave me the name of the doctor and also address and he said for me to wait 4 days after receiving my letter to call the doctor to give the doctor time to receive my details.

He also stated that once I have booked the appointment to call them back on the no on their letter to let them that I have booked the appointment.

so time lines are:

Called DVLA and spoke to medical: 14/9/2021 and they advised letter sent on the 8th sept 2021

Oh and they provided me with my ref no but they said that will be on the letter anyway

so time lines are:

You letter date is exactly the same as my own and I sent my application off on the 15th July.

so time lines are:

That's good news then.....fingers crossed you will receive the letter tomorrow and if you do i'd ring the appointed doctors on Friday, even though it says 4 days on the letter. I rang after 3 days to book mine and they had all my details from the DVLA.

A lot of "if's" but if you manage to get your appointment quick and if they don't contact your GP you'll hopefully receive your licence not to long after the date your ban is up. Good luck!

That's good news then.....fingers crossed you will receive the letter tomorrow and if you do i'd ring the appointed doctors on Friday, even though it says 4 days on the letter. I rang after 3 days to book mine and they had all my details from the DVLA.

A lot of "if's" but if you manage to get your appointment quick and if they don't contact your GP you'll hopefully receive your licence not to long after the date your ban is up. Good luck!
Thank you. I intend to do so. Can't wait to get this over and done with and I'm praying that they don't have to contact my GP and prolong this.

And here's me checking yours for the same reason. Seems we're grasping at the same straws.
An I've been checking both of yours for the same reason's

Least it's progress to the next step required to hopefully get back on the road.

An I've been checking both of yours for the same reason's

Least it's progress to the next step required to hopefully get back on the road.
Hopefully it be soon as I've seen your posts as well and yours is roughly same time as mine and @Luna2000

Yeah that's why I created a thread to keep up with my progress rather than jumping into yours with my updates and on goings or elsewhere on the forum least I can keep track of it all in one place and hopefully like yours and Luna's gives people a guideline or what not as to what's going on.

Said it before the last 18 months or so this forums given me a wealth of info being sat in the background watching I only feel its right to contribute now as its this point where I've said I'd probably have questions. The forum as a whole has been a worthy tool in it's own right from the start of this whole ordeal.

Yeah that's why I created a thread to keep up with my progress rather than jumping into yours with my updates and on goings or elsewhere on the forum least I can keep track of it all in one place and hopefully like yours and Luna's gives people a guideline or what not as to what's going on.

Said it before the last 18 months or so this forums given me a wealth of info being sat in the background watching I only feel its right to contribute now as its this point where I've said I'd probably have questions. The forum as a whole has been a worthy tool in it's own right from the start of this whole ordeal.
Totally agree. I've learnt so much on here and I'm grateful I came across it as before this I didn't know what the processes were I.e cdt test etc....

Totally agree. I've learnt so much on here and I'm grateful I came across it as before this I didn't know what the processes were I.e cdt test etc....
Same here I knew I needed a medical and that was it but CDT test the whole process to getting one, the questionnaire to be faced with, and the whole wealth of knowledge from price and a few of the other members. I think without this board i'd be a nervous wreck by now.

Same here I knew I needed a medical and that was it but CDT test the whole process to getting one, the questionnaire to be faced with, and the whole wealth of knowledge from price and a few of the other members. I think without this board i'd be a nervous wreck by now.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off