Wish me luck posted my application for my driving license

Convicted Driver Insurance
Quick question. How do we go about tracking to see if the postal order has been cashed. I've looked on line and there is a no provided that I called and the options provided none are to track postal orders just mail items. TIA.

Quick question. How do we go about tracking to see if the postal order has been cashed. I've looked on line and there is a no provided that I called and the options provided none are to track postal orders just mail items. TIA.

I believe to check if a postal order has been cashed there is a long convoluded process that includes posting your receipt to the Royal Mail and they will then do a track on the order. Mind you that was in about 2014 and took about a fortnight. Most people pay by cheque so you know when it has left your own bank account and don't have to pay postal order fees.

I believe to check if a postal order has been cashed there is a long convoluded process that includes posting your receipt to the Royal Mail and they will then do a track on the order. Mind you that was in about 2014 and took about a fortnight. Most people pay by cheque so you know when it has left your own bank account and don't have to pay postal order fees.
OK thanks. Appreciate your reply and answer

I sent a cheque with my application on the 15th July and as of today (3rd August,) it still hasn't been cashed.

May 15th I received my ID back , as of yesterday , 2nd August my GP ain't been written to yet , it's annoying because with a postal service I can't check for updates online , but yea,good luck to you , but if I've got any advice from how I was feeling , that being my life evolved around DVLA, don't !!!! I know I'm doing it now looking on here,but at least these guys are realists !thanks admin,,, oh, they did say they had a *shortage of GPs*??

May 15th I received my ID back , as of yesterday , 2nd August my GP ain't been written to yet , it's annoying because with a postal service I can't check for updates online , but yea,good luck to you , but if I've got any advice from how I was feeling , that being my life evolved around DVLA, don't !!!! I know I'm doing it now looking on here,but at least these guys are realists !thanks admin,,, oh, they did say they had a *shortage of GPs*??
Thanks I feel your pain. I'm braced for it. 😩

The only thing that's keeping me positive through this is that I've always taken my insurance using compare the market and when I was banned in Oct 2018 I was paying 1200 full comp on my car and that was with 6 years No claims and declaring a previous DR10 that ended in 2015 and now that I've lost my NCB I've gone online to check how much I would be looking to pay without it and also declaring my new DR30 ban and its gone upto 1600 full comp which is manageable for me. Before my ban I was already 3 years off a ban for a DR10 so seeing its expired and I ve got this new one to declare its not to bad without my 6 years NCB.

The only thing that's keeping me positive through this is that I've always taken my insurance using compare the market and when I was banned in Oct 2018 I was paying 1200 full comp on my car and that was with 6 years No claims and declaring a previous DR10 that ended in 2015 and now that I've lost my NCB I've gone online to check how much I would be looking to pay without it and also declaring my new DR30 ban and its gone upto 1600 full comp which is manageable for me. Before my ban I was already 3 years off a ban for a DR10 so seeing its expired and I ve got this new one to declare its not to bad without my 6 years NCB.
I've also been looking on the comparison website. I have a DUI from April 2017 (still live,) and a DUI from July 2019. Both DR10 with breath readings of 124 and 96, so fairly high.

I declared them and also went with 0years NCD. I was getting quotes for a 2014 Honda CRV EX (value £10,500) of around £1,050 fully comp with a £500 excess.

When I plugged in the same details for a brand new Ford Puma 1.0 hybrid costing about £25k it only went up to about £1,220.

Again I am lucky enough that these are manageable for me, plus I am 63 and retired and will only travel around 6,000 miles a year.

To be honest the quotes are not as high as I was expecting and I would also never insure without calling the company and going through the quote with them. Surprisingly you will often find that this will result in a slightly cheaper price.

My 14 years NCD expires on the 28th August (2 years,) so if I could only find someone that would be willing to accept this for 3 years it would make a big difference.

Now, interestingly enough, I have literally just done a quote for the Honda with 1`4 years NCD and guess what? Yep, it makes no difference. The cheapest quote is still around £1,050.

I've also been looking on the comparison website. I have a DUI from April 2017 (still live,) and a DUI from July 2019. Both DR10 with breath readings of 124 and 96, so fairly high.

I declared them and also went with 0years NCD. I was getting quotes for a 2014 Honda CRV EX (value £10,500) of around £1,050 fully comp with a £500 excess.

When I plugged in the same details for a brand new Ford Puma 1.0 hybrid costing about £25k it only went up to about £1,220.

Again I am lucky enough that these are manageable for me, plus I am 63 and retired and will only travel around 6,000 miles a year.

To be honest the quotes are not as high as I was expecting and I would also never insure without calling the company and going through the quote with them. Surprisingly you will often find that this will result in a slightly cheaper price.

My 14 years NCD expires on the 28th August (2 years,) so if I could only find someone that would be willing to accept this for 3 years it would make a big difference.

Now, interestingly enough, I have literally just done a quote for the Honda with 1`4 years NCD and guess what? Yep, it makes no difference. The cheapest quote is still around £1,050.
Doesn't seem to bad your quotes. I feel your pain losing your NCBs but like me it's a lesson I will have to learn to live with and build up again. Wishing you all the best and I will keep posting any new updates I may have.

If you use twitter if you send a Private message to the post office account and ask them to check if its been cashed just give them the ref number and they will be able to do this, I'm waiting for mine to be cashed in and this is the way I have been checking.

If you use twitter if you send a Private message to the post office account and ask them to check if its been cashed just give them the ref number and they will be able to do this, I'm waiting for mine to be cashed in and this is the way I have been checking.
Thank you so much. Appreciate the advise. That's actually kl what you telling me. Imma that. Thank you once again.

Thank you so much. Appreciate the advise. That's actually kl what you telling me. Imma that. Thank you once again.
No problem, at the same point myself, not posted here just before I sent my forms off but read many of good things over the duration of the ban, So I'll chime in where I can, every little bit of information helps.

No problem, at the same point myself, not posted here just before I sent my forms off but read many of good things over the duration of the ban, So I'll chime in where I can, every little bit of information helps.
Indeed please do so

Hi all, just a quick update, having sent my application on the 27th July I still haven't heard anything. I managed to get through to the main DVLA no yesterday as it was a mare trying to get through to the medical team on their no and they advised that I need to allow 6 to 10 weeks and they are unable to check if my application has been received and for me to go by my special delivery if they had received it or not which they had the next day I had sent the application via special delivery. They advised they are receiving up to 600 applications a week so you can understand the volume they are trying to work through.
I PMd post office on twitter yesterday to check if my postal order had been cashed and they advised it hasn't as yet.
I will be checking sometime again next week.

Hi all, just a quick update, having sent my application on the 27th July I still haven't heard anything. I managed to get through to the main DVLA no yesterday as it was a mare trying to get through to the medical team on their no and they advised that I need to allow 6 to 10 weeks and they are unable to check if my application has been received and for me to go by my special delivery if they had received it or not which they had the next day I had sent the application via special delivery. They advised they are receiving up to 600 applications a week so you can understand the volume they are trying to work through.
I PMd post office on twitter yesterday to check if my postal order had been cashed and they advised it hasn't as yet.
I will be checking sometime again next week.
Hi, just so you can compare to mine, i sent my application off around the 4th of June, and they cashed my cheque on the 17th August but I've still not received a letter to book my medical as yet (today is the day i'm supposed to have my licence back!) Just a waiting game but i'll try and contact the medical team next week if I've still not heard anything.

Hi, just so you can compare to mine, i sent my application off around the 4th of June, and they cashed my cheque on the 17th August but I've still not received a letter to book my medical as yet (today is the day i'm supposed to have my licence back!) Just a waiting game but i'll try and contact the medical team next week if I've still not heard anything.
Hi just for some more comparison I sent my application of on March 23rd then heard nothing until beginning of June when I got the letter to book a medical. Got the medical on 20th July which was the first date available and here we are over 5 weeks later heard zilch. 5 months so far it’s becoming a farce

Hi just for some more comparison I sent my application of on March 23rd then heard nothing until beginning of June when I got the letter to book a medical. Got the medical on 20th July which was the first date available and here we are over 5 weeks later heard zilch. 5 months so far it’s becoming a farce
I sympathize with all of you guys its so frustrating.Finally got mine yesterday after 7 months which is a disgrace for something that is of such importance to the uk as a whole. The Dvla really need bringing to task and a big size 10 up the rear

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off