Will police tell my employer?

• Thread starter Deleted member 11354
  • Start date
Convicted Driver Insurance

Deleted member 11354

I work in social care...will the police tell my employer I was arrested for drink driving?

I work in social care...will the police tell my employer I was arrested for drink driving?
No the police won't tell your employer but I will show on your dbs certificate for the next 11 years,but only have to disclose it to them for 5 years as a criminal conviction.

They inform your employer if you are on a professional register dr, nurse etc
But due to the potential of someone seeing it in the paper etc I would come clean and the,, them . If not face to face then in email etc

you think about getting a license leave the job there are other jobs if you don't have a car you can't move get a license and you will see there are more jobs where you can break your back don't worry

you think about getting a license leave the job there are other jobs if you don't have a car you can't move get a license and you will see there are more jobs where you can break your back don't worry
I don’t need a car for my job it’s not the license I’m worried about, it’s the fact I have a criminal record now and I get a dbs check every 3 years

Oh that’s different then. The police won’t tell your employer but you’ll need to because it’ll come out when the next DBS is ran.
Someone I know has a DD conviction and works for their local authority and it’s not an issue. I know they’ve told their boss.

Oh that’s different then. The police won’t tell your employer but you’ll need to because it’ll come out when the next DBS is ran.
Someone I know has a DD conviction and works for their local authority and it’s not an issue. I know they’ve told their boss.
Ok thank you, do you know what job they did for the local authority?

You will have to check your contract of employment to see what it says about convictions and telling work.
If you have a DBS check every 3 years then it will actually show up for 11 years. It is technically “spent” after 5 years but for DBS purposes that does not apply. After 11 years, if that is your only criminal conviction, then it will not show up on the check and will not have to be disclosed.

As has been pointed out, even if you do not have to tell your employer, you would not want them to find out through a story in the press so it would be best to tell them now. You could get a character reference from a senior person at work that might help with the length of your ban. (but still within the magistrates guidelines)

You will have to check your contract of employment to see what it says about convictions and telling work.
If you have a DBS check every 3 years then it will actually show up for 11 years. It is technically “spent” after 5 years but for DBS purposes that does not apply. After 11 years, if that is your only criminal conviction, then it will not show up on the check and will not have to be disclosed.

As has been pointed out, even if you do not have to tell your employer, you would not want them to find out through a story in the press so it would be best to tell them now. You could get a character reference from a senior person at work that might help with the length of your ban. (but still within the magistrates guidelines)
Thank you. Iv decided I’m going to tell my work myself on Tuesday and hope for the best. Driving isn’t a part of my job and Iv search through codes of conduct etc and it mentions nothing about convictions. Iv worked there for 11 years and always had a clean dbs.

I don’t need a car for my job it’s not the license I’m worried about, it’s the fact I have a criminal record now and I get a dbs check every 3 years
Thank you. Iv decided I’m going to tell my work myself on Tuesday and hope for the best. Driving isn’t a part of my job and Iv search through codes of conduct etc and it mentions nothing about convictions. Iv worked there for 11 years and always had a clean dbs.
if you worked there for 11 years it's ok he knows you very well you shouldn't have any problems

This does not mean that if you had a bad time in your life, you will be fired after 11 years of work

I also work in social care And police didn’t tell my employer . I told my employer before court they were ok-ish They wanted to make sure I wasn’t alcohol Dependent and because I didn’t need my car for work I kept my job .

I also work in social care And police didn’t tell my employer . I told my employer before court they were ok-ish They wanted to make sure I wasn’t alcohol Dependent and because I didn’t need my car for work I kept my job .
Ok thank you, that’s really helpful. I don’t need my car for work either, I am so scared to tell them though :(

I was exactly the same , it’s not easy but u will get though this . I can drive from tomorrow my 14 month is done ( was banned for 18 months reduced with course ) and it still seems like a dream . If I ever get my license back due to covid19 !!

I was exactly the same , it’s not easy but u will get though this . I can drive from tomorrow my 14 month is done ( was banned for 18 months reduced with course ) and it still seems like a dream . If I ever get my license back due to covid19 !!
Hi Sarah39 any community order in your case????

Sarah hove you applied to the dvla for your licence

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off