Will I be over the limit, and any courses to reduce ban?

Convicted Driver Insurance

alik

Hiya,

Ok this is actually about my girlfriend.

She had 5 large glasses of wine between 1-7.30pm over the course of the afternoon.

She then stupidly drove at 8 15, and crashed at 8 45pm.

She failed the breath test at the road side, and then went to hospital.

After getting checked over, she had blood test at 11.15pm, which they said would be one relied on in court.

We presumed she would still be over the limit at this stage.

She then was taken to police station and told would interview here when was below limit. At 1am she took a test and was found to be quite a bit below - 18, with limit at 35, which came as a bit of a surprise to us and the police.

She was then interviewed and released at 4.15am.

Obviously I am clinging on to the hope that the blood test may be just below the limit....? Any thoughts on this?? ie likelihood, or how likely it would be to have changed in the last 2 hours?

Also she is to appear again in 6 weeks when should have results. I am keen for her to do all that is possible to reduce a ban if she gets one.

Any courses that people could recommend that would be looked on strongly in court?

ie going to AA
Drink related charities?
etc?

Any thoughts on gratefully received!

Ali

Hiya,

Ok this is actually about my girlfriend.

She had 5 large glasses of wine between 1-7.30pm over the course of the afternoon.

She then stupidly drove at 8 15, and crashed at 8 45pm.

She failed the breath test at the road side, and then went to hospital.

After getting checked over, she had blood test at 11.15pm, which they said would be one relied on in court.

We presumed she would still be over the limit at this stage.

She then was taken to police station and told would interview here when was below limit. At 1am she took a test and was found to be quite a bit below - 18, with limit at 35, which came as a bit of a surprise to us and the police.

She was then interviewed and released at 4.15am.

Obviously I am clinging on to the hope that the blood test may be just below the limit....? Any thoughts on this?? ie likelihood, or how likely it would be to have changed in the last 2 hours?

Also she is to appear again in 6 weeks when should have results. I am keen for her to do all that is possible to reduce a ban if she gets one.

Any courses that people could recommend that would be looked on strongly in court?

ie going to AA
Drink related charities?
etc?

Any thoughts on gratefully received!

Ali

Hi,

It is impossible to predict the likelihood of the blood test results being either under or above the legal limit. Im afraid it is just a matter of waiting for the blood test analysis results from the police.

If your girlfriend has an alcohol problem then actively doing something to address the problem, such as attending AA, can only go in her favour.

Thanks Taylor.

I would like her to go to AA, but for now she will not go.

Her day to day performance at work is not affected, and she does keep fit as well, but she drinks probably 3 times what she should.

For now she has agreed to have at least 2 nights off a week, 2 glasses of wine other nights and a Sat night.

Are there other courses, hospital trips or anything else she could do that she may consider slightly "lighter" than going to AA?

Ali

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off