Why dr20 and not dr10?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Pen

I just realised they are not the same thing-I was over the limit I blew 50 so shouldn't it be dr10? Why would they charge me with dr20-is it easier to prove or something? And is it a worse one to have on your record?

It sounds like they have made a mistake and you should contact the court to have it corrected. DR20 is a fairly unusual code because it is when you are unfit to drive through drink but not necessarily over the limit. Think little old lady has a glass of sherry and is all over the road.

DR20s attract points rather than bans. Presumably at your case they used the reading as evidence, and banned you?

Unfortunately insurance companies welcome unusual convictions like exploding genital warts. I think you would find that you are uninsurable or near-uninsurable. You could do a dummy quote to check but otherwise I would contact the court whilst they still have all the paperwork.

They do make mistakes! I was charged with failure to provide which was wrong* it was sorted out 30 mins before court proceedings via my Solicitor

Oh dear...I will find the paperwork from court, perhaps I was charged with dr20 and actually convicted for dr10 or something...unless it was because they couldn't prove I was driving while I was actually over the limit? I was parked when they actually came and breathalyzed me

Essentially you need to ascertain from the court - a phone call will normally be enough - whether it was a clerical error (most likely) or they think there was s a valid reason for the code.

Court staff do have a habit of saying they're the same thing/it doesn't make any difference/everyone gets that code/it can't be changed unless you dispute it at the time. In those circumstances you just need to push that it IS a big deal for you

Reactions: Pen
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off