Why are they writing to my doc?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Prinny

I had my medical last week (second drink drive ban) but I've been sober for 16 month's so I was sure I'd pass.

I was a binge drinker before but felt ashamed to tell the medical doctor about this and thought "it's in the past so shouldn't matter" so I said I hadn't had any previous problems with alcohol & had the blood test.

Now dvla have wrote to my doc who have a record of my problems with alcohol, however they also have a record showing that I've been sober for over a year.

I'm so scared tho because I didnt tell dvla on the questionnaire about my previous drink problem :(

I'm literally shaking now! My doc is going to tell them that I do have previous (over a year ago) problems with alcohol. Will I get in trouble or be banned again for not telling them on the questionnaire? Why do you think theyre wtiting to them??
DVLA said it's just a questionnaire about alcohol but doesn't my blood test prove that I haven't been drinking?

Once you mention a previous problem with alcohol the DVLA will always contact your GP for their own opinion. If you have been sober for 16 months and your GP has a record of this then you have nothing to worry about! As the longest the DVLA will request is 1 year abstinence in the case of dependence, 6 months controlled drinking in the case of misuse. Contacting your GP is the DVLA making sure they dot all the I's and cross all the t's, it is nothing to worry about once your doctor has a record of you stopping drinking.

Once you mention a previous problem with alcohol the DVLA will always contact your GP for their own opinion. If you have been sober for 16 months and your GP has a record of this then you have nothing to worry about! As the longest the DVLA will request is 1 year abstinence in the case of dependence, 6 months controlled drinking in the case of misuse. Contacting your GP is the DVLA making sure they dot all the I's and cross all the t's, it is nothing to worry about once your doctor has a record of you stopping drinking.

I just realise I have read this wrong and thought that you did not declare it on the questionaire but did at the medical. My mistake, I don't really know where you stand with the DVLA with not declaring a medical condition, sorry I can't be of help please ignore my original reply. Please keep us posted on what happens in regards to this.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off