Whether I hire a private Layer or not for drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

Appay

Hi I got arrested for drink driving on 27th and had the road side Breathalyzer reading of 76. I was taken to police station and gave a sample on the Breathalyzer it didn’t give any reading it said mouth alcohol. So I was asked to give blood sample. I am a student and have clinical depression. This is my first offence ever and had my licence for 1.5yrs. I only started to drink couple of months ago. I worked 7 days a week that week and had a rough day at work. I drank quite a bit of Vodka on my way home. For my professional qualification having a criminal record is disastrous. I regret every second of my being to have did this. I asked some solicitors they said they can challenge the blood results and play not guilty. They’re charging a lot of money. My household income is very low I have to borrow money to hire a lawyer. Is there any suggestions? Should I hire a layer, is it possible for me to get acquitted from this case? Since my whole career depends on it can I risk to borrow money and invest on lawyer!! Haven’t got my blood results yet?

It is possible to challenge cases like this by considering the reliability of the blood analysis and also whether or not the procedure followed by the police was done properly. Chances of success in cases like this are dependent on the facts of the case and further investigation would need to be done (likely at a cost) before definitive advice regarding prospects of defending the allegation can be given.

What is clear, is that your personal circumstances won't help convince the court not to convict and or impose a ban. if your blood reading comes back at a level equivalent to 76µg of alcohol in breath then this will lead to you being banned for a period of between 17 and 22 months together with the imposition of a fine or community order.

Thank you for your quick reply!! If I hire a layer and plea not guilty with the reading of 76 breath alcohol level would I get tougher sentence than this, also can my mental health problems can be mitigation’s or special reasons?

Just to clarify, the charge would be on the basis of a blood reading equivalent to that 76µg in breath (blood is measured differently). If convicted after trial then the ban could not be any higher but you would have lost credit in relation to the fine or community order element. Your mental health problems are certainly relevant to your mitigation and may assist with mitigation but only to potentially reduce the length of the ban within the guidelines.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off