When to tell insurance

Convicted Driver Insurance

Chadlexie

I am to be prosecuted for drink driving the case is in 2 weeks. My car was damaged when I hit a wall and the insurance arranged for recovery and to be taken to a repair centre.
I have spoken to the claims line obviously but they did not ask if I had been drinking.
Should I inform them now before the court appearance and before they spend any more money on my claim? I know they will only pay out for third party claims in this situation.

If you are arrested for drink driving, you need to check your policy as to what it says about if you have to tell them straight away, on conviction or on renewal.
BUT
Because there is a claim involved you have a duty to tell them the material facts of the accident, which includes being prosecuted for drink driving.

If you are arrested for drink driving, you need to check your policy as to what it says about if you have to tell them straight away, on conviction or on renewal.
BUT
Because there is a claim involved you have a duty to tell them the material facts of the accident, which includes being prosecuted for drink driving.
Thank you we will be forwarding the third party claim today so will tell them then

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off