Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

When a drink and drive conviction will become spent?

Good morning!

In March 2006 I was convicted for drink and drive for 18 months and £350 fine (14 months after I attended the course) Now, this year in May, I applied for british citizenship but my application has been refused by Home Office because they said as I've got un UNSPENT conviction. I want to ask, if you can tell me for sure, when my conviction will become SPENT? I asked many people, regarding this subject but I don't have an answer 100% sure. Now I want to know for sure when will become spent my conviction, because I want to apply again for british citizenship.

PS: How can I have a copy of my records from Criminal Records Bureau. Is this conviction recorded with CRB?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, any conviction for which you receive a fine is spent after a period of 5 years. However, offences of drink driving cannot be physically removed from your UK driving licence for a period of 11 years due to the 2 in 10 year rule (ie a minimum 3 year ban for a second conviction in 10 years).

You can find details about the rehabilition periods on our web site at:

It is not as easy as you might think to obtain a copy of your CRB check unless you are an "umbrella body" registered with the CRB.

The easiest way to do this is to go through an organisation called "Disclosure Scotland". Try their web site for more information at:
Thank you very much! So, next year in March, I will be able to say my conviction is SPENT? Is this conviction recorded at CRB? Thank you
Buy CDT Test