what to expect? good or bad?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Victor89

Good evening,

I attended magistrates court this afternoon in England after blowing a 96ml at a traffic stop. no crash or casualties. Had a duty solicitor represent me on a guilt plea. when I sat with the solicitor before hand I went into detail about my mental health in the past year and how I did come off anti depressants and therapy recently along with how I have child responsibilities. once in court the solicitor brought the mental health issues to light to which the magistrates decided to adjourn the court until feb and asked me to hold a meeting with the probation service before next court date so they can advice the magistrates on what punishment will be suffice once back in court. I'll be retrieving my medical records for when I sit with the probation service and offer the medical records along with a letter from my ex wife stating my obligations (evenings + weekend childcare)

though the childcare matters weren't raised in court, the duty solicitor focused solely on mental health, which I was quite uncomfortable with as I'm not that comfortable sharing such personal info publicly and didnt expect her to focus on this matter. nevertheless, all is out now and looks like this'll be the main focus unfortantally. I just wanted some advice on if the duty solicitor was wise to raise mental health whatsoever!? will this make matters worse for me? and could the courts possibly make me commit to other forms of punishment? eg, counselling/medication/sessions?

she did say I stopped the medication and therapy to try other forms of self help which wasn't the full story - I stopped as they were making matters worse and promised myself I would try other avenues of self help like attending events & gatherings (was caught drink driving home from a show I attended alone)

I do feel very uncomfortable that this is now playing out 2 more months with the main focus being mental health. would this possibly make matters worse for me with some kind of government intervention on my health? Other than this horrific drink driving mistake bringing me anxiety, I'm in a much better place mentally since stopping pharmaceuticals and only spoke with the solicitor about such issues to offer her a window into the lead up of events on losing family members & divorce leading to depression.

I rarely drink - the show I attended was quite a way from where I reside, so I drove in. upon leaving the venue, I just didn't think! still haunts me to think as soon as I entered the car, I was in control of a weapon and could have seriously injured someone or cased damage.

any advice would be much appreciated.

thank you

Good morning,

It is hard to say what is right and wrong as I was not the one there, and it is very much a situation with many moving parts. However, if you were not comfortable with what was being said then it was not delivered as you wished, and it has clearly led to further problems.

The next problem you face is that you can only use the Duty Solicitor once and when you go back you will need to defend yourself or hire a lawyer.

I think you can play down the mental health aspects and focus on the fact you are sorry for what has happened and potentially still get a fair result.

Kind regards
Martin.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off