What should you do when you receive police letter?

Convicted Driver Insurance

fantasyvn

This is the first time I received a police letter that proceedings are contemplated against me for excess speed (52 mph instead of 40 mph).

The letter said that I should furnish within 28 days of the date of the letter, the name and address of the driver on the date and at the time specified.

Could you pls let me know if I should also state any reasons that they should reconsider their intention to deduct 3 points in my licence.

I don't plan to fight it in court as I think I may have exceeded the limit on that day. However, at the same time, I've never been an agressive driver, so I don't know if the police may only fine me £60.

Thank you

If you know it was you driving, just come clean and cough up.

A story. A mate of mine has an identical twin brother. They hired a Luton van to do a house removal. The van was 'photographed' speeding. In the photo, clearly, were the two brothers. One driving, one passenger. They are identical twins.

A very sensible police sergeant gave them both a telling off, then roared with laughter and threw them out of the police station.

In some repects, you can win. In others, just pay the price.

Thank you for your kind reply. May I ask how I can ask the police to let me attend Speed Awareness course instead of being penalized?

From your original post, you mention 'proceedings are contemplated against me'. To me, that means that the police could take action or, perhaps, not take action.

I'm afraid you can only wait and see what they decide.

Only then could you, perhaps, negotiate.

Good luck anyway.

The Police/ Camera Saftey partnership are bound by procedures which they have to follow (or people get off). The first step is to issue you a Notice of Intended Prosecution (which has to be done within 14 days of your alleged offence). If goes to the owner of the vehicle who can establish who was driving at the time (not supplying this info or saying you dont know is also an offence).

You will not be offered a speed awarness course as you speed was to excessive for the speed limit. The For instance if you were doing 36 in a 30 you may have the option of a course but if you are doing 42 in a 30 you speed hasn't suddly crept up or your are driving without due care.

I was driving to a park with two of my kids in the car, i let a car pull out in front of me and we stopped at traffic lights. When the car pulled away they released the brakes but rolled back into my car there really was no collision. The two men got out of their car after pulling forward and there was no damge.....they got a little nasty wanting my details and because i had my son with me who suffers from kidney failure and needed the toilet i pulled around them and drove off admittedly i drove over a part of pavement but i was in a hurry to get my son th a toilet. I thought nothing more of this but on friday i received a letter from the police saying i was being charged with driving without due care and attention and had to produce at a police station within seven days. Im worried now what they will do because i need my car to take my son to the hospital and have never been in trouble with the police before, i have held my license for about 15 years.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off