What happens if you DON'T reapply for your licence?

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi guys,

My ban was up Feb 2019 but I didn't feel very confident about reapplying at the time. It has now been a year since my ban was lifted and I feel ready to get my licence back.

I know all about the medical and that process, my question is, does anyone know what happens if you didn't reapply once your ban was lifted?

Thanks

Paul

The DVLA medical will always be there, weather you apply 10 years after your ban or 1 day after your ban.....you will be required to go through it....

Cheers bud,

I just wanted to know what happened, as renewal notification said something about losing your entitlement to drive if you didn't renew by a certain time after your disqualification, which I thought mean I'd need to go through all the driving tests again. DVLA confirmed though that its just the same renewal process as it would have been once the ban ended.

I always knew a medical was going to be required.

Cheers

PK

Hi guys,

My ban was up Feb 2019 but I didn't feel very confident about reapplying at the time. It has now been a year since my ban was lifted and I feel ready to get my licence back.

I know all about the medical and that process, my question is, does anyone know what happens if you didn't reapply once your ban was lifted?

Thanks

Paul
Nothing happens until you apply, you just do not have a licence.
there was someone on here last year who had not applied for 15 years for various reasons, but, much to his surprise (and dismay) he still had to go through the medical process as you realise!

Oh wow! 15 years.

Yes I had no issue with the medical, I just panicked that my entire entitlement and test passes had been reset.

Thanks everyone for your kind advice as always :)

Oh wow! 15 years.

Yes I had no issue with the medical, I just panicked that my entire entitlement and test passes had been reset.

Thanks everyone for your kind advice as always :)
I should add that if you are in Northern Ireland, everyone has to resist their test (both parts) after a drink drive ban.

I should add that if you are in Northern Ireland, everyone has to resist their test (both parts) after a drink drive ban.

DUI-apart, after seeing my shameful lack of understanding on hazard-perception and road theory on a recent speed-awareness course (Thanks Price & Co), I would happily submit to a theory test just to see how bad my driving has become over the years - just out of sheer curiosity.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off