What happens if I drink 1 night in 3 week abstinence.......,,,,

Convicted Driver Insurance

Alice

I’m worried about my CDT reading, on my calculations I was probably about 3-3.5%

I’ve abstained for 3 weeks and have my test on Thursday but I did have 1 night drinking during this time.........does anyone know how this effects my CDT levels?

Hi Alice it depends really, but if by your calculations you are 3-3.5% this is the red area of which the dvla will refuse a license, however I'm not sure if 3 weeks of abstinence is long enough to bring your CDT levels back to the normal range and given one night of drinking. CDT has a half life of 15 days therefore under conditions of total abstination it may take 1-2 months for CDT levels to return to normal...

Really speaking if you know you have a dvla medical it's best not to drink at all, the longer you abstain the lower your CDT result, no brainer really...

Hi Alice it depends really, but if by your calculations you are 3-3.5% this is the red area of which the dvla will refuse a license, however I'm not sure if 3 weeks of abstinence is long enough to bring your CDT levels back to the normal range and given one night of drinking. CDT has a half life of 15 days therefore under conditions of total abstination it may take 1-2 months for CDT levels to return to normal...
Thanks for replying.....my test is next Thursday so it will be four weeks in total........less the fall off the wagon night........

As it will be 4 weeks by the time I take the test, assuming 3.5% and half and half again 0.875%.......have I understood it right? What I don’t know is how 1 night drinking will effect it?

Hopefully you will be ok there have been stories on the forum I've read about people drinking quite heavily and only abstained for 2 weeks and passing, there is a page I read when I was researching CDT % that it really only detects the last two weeks of drinking 4-5 drinks a day over 2 weeks will raise CDT levels to 3% and above.....

When you abstain from drinking your CDT slowly returns to normal overtime but if you start drinking again before they return to normal they will rise again, did you binge drink on the one night or just a few units ?

Hopefully you will be ok there have been stories on the forum I've read about people drinking quite heavily and only abstained for 2 weeks and passing, there is a page I read when I was researching CDT % that it really only detects the last two weeks of drinking 4-5 drinks a day over 2 weeks will raise CDT levels to 3% and above.....
That’s interesting......don’t suppose you still have the link? I’ve been researching but haven’t found anything about this anywhere

When you abstain from drinking your CDT slowly returns to normal overtime but if you start drinking again before they return to normal they will rise again, did you binge drink on the one night or just a few units ?
It was a binge ?

Try reading these, headful mind

Attachments

• IMG_1182.PNG
    IMG_1182.PNG
    139 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1183.PNG
    IMG_1183.PNG
    190.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1184.PNG
    IMG_1184.PNG
    103.9 KB · Views: 38
Thanks......., interesting they raise women’s menstual cycle......I have also read that little is known on the effects of HRT / Menopause..............

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off