Went to A&E for high Heart Rate

Convicted Driver Insurance

firemansam007

Well Known Member
Hello,

Few weeks back i went to A&E (my partner called emergency ambulance since i was not responding properly). at that time i had 2 drinks. Will this be passed on to my GP. If they pass it on to my GP, he have a duty to inform DVLA. and then DVLA could revoke my licence.

Does anyone know A&E records will be passed onto the GP. Please advise.

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Sam my wife is a nurse in fact sister on the ccu ward coronary care, and has done a shift or two in A&E what drinks did you have ? Did you tell them alcohol was involved,any admission to A&E is recorded and your GP will have access to the clinical portal if he's looking for it, can you provide any more info ? What did they put your fast heart rate down to ?

Hi Honestman,

Thanks for your response and sorry for the delay in responding. i am not sure what the paramedics have recorded in A&E. I was definitely under the influence of alcohol. But i heard from my friends that i told them i had 2 units of alcohol. They mentioned to them that i was dehydrated and hence had high heart rate. I didn't receive any treatment from them and my BP and heart rate became under control in A&E. I came back home. I refused blood tests since i knew it will become recordical.

I know the details will be passed on to my GP. Do you think my GP will inform DVLA of this which will cause problems to my licence. Does the GP have legal obligation to notify the DVLA of this incident. There weren't any injury or other things involved.

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Sam this is what I know and this is what I think, for any GP to report any body to the DVLA they would have to be in a pretty bad state mentally or alcohol induced so that they are a danger to the public or to themselves, and I don't see this to be the case with you, DVLA do state that any one who is classed as dependant will be acceptable with a CDT of upto 1.6 showing little to no alcohol, meaning the odd special occasion(weather they actually use this strategy I don't know) so I don't think your doctor will report you, your GP will only have legal obligations if you are a danger......

The problem you'll have (possibly) if your running on a temporary licence when you go for a medical and the DD2 gets sent to your GP if you've admitted to having a drink, then once your GP fills in the medical questionarre it will show up in your notes.....

Hi Honestman, Thanks. i was issued a 10 year full license last year after medical (Failing to provide). hopefully this time i should be ok i think. Thanks.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off