Waiting on decision

Convicted Driver Insurance

Iffeynffc

My ban was over July 11th I had dvla medical on 13th july I recieved a letter saying they need more information from my doctor I have spoke to my doctor and he says he cant see why they wont g1ive me my licence back but I was down at the doctors as a heavy drinker but stopped March 2020 and dont drink very often now do you think this will effect me getting it back

My ban was over July 11th I had dvla medical on 13th july I recieved a letter saying they need more information from my doctor I have spoke to my doctor and he says he cant see why they wont g1ive me my licence back but I was down at the doctors as a heavy drinker but stopped March 2020 and dont drink very often now do you think this will effect me getting it back

This will be an issue if you have not seen your doctor since, while your doctor does not see an issue with you getting your licence back the questionnaire they send is not asking for the doctors opinion. Rather, it asks for facts in a checkbox manner. The main question being have you been seen in the last 6 years for alcohol dependence or misuse. Your doctor would have to check yes to this box as you were seen in March 2020. The follow up check box asks if it is now under control and for how long has it been under control, does your doctor have a date you last drank registered on your file or is the doctor aware that you still drink? If it's the case of where your heavy drinking was medically deemed as dependence then the DVLA would be expecting you to be a non-drinker and any indication of your CDT being raised to 1% or above would result in a rejection.

They read the questionnaire and make a decision for themselves so it really does depend what has been logged on your medical history in regards to your drinking.

This will be an issue if you have not seen your doctor since, while your doctor does not see an issue with you getting your licence back the questionnaire they send is not asking for the doctors opinion. Rather, it asks for facts in a checkbox manner. The main question being have you been seen in the last 6 years for alcohol dependence or misuse. Your doctor would have to check yes to this box as you were seen in March 2020. The follow up check box asks if it is now under control and for how long has it been under control, does your doctor have a date you last drank registered on your file or is the doctor aware that you still drink? If it's the case of where your heavy drinking was medically deemed as dependence then the DVLA would be expecting you to be a non-drinker and any indication of your CDT being raised to 1% or above would result in a rejection.

They read the questionnaire and make a decision for themselves so it really does depend what has been logged on your medical history in regards to your drinking.
I told the doctor at dvla last time I drank was april this year just a couple of beers I have had blood tested with my doctor before my medical and they was fine but I never said owt to dvla thinking they wouldn't ask my doctor and last time I said owt about drinking heavy to my doctor must have been about 2017

I told the doctor at dvla last time I drank was april this year just a couple of beers I have had blood tested with my doctor before my medical and they was fine but I never said owt to dvla thinking they wouldn't ask my doctor and last time I said owt about drinking heavy to my doctor must have been about 2017
Really depends on how they interpret the GP questionnaire and what the CDT result comes in at.

If they read the notes as a misuser of alcohol, they will require 6 months of 'proven' abstinence or drinking within Govt. guidelines. If they read it as alcohol dependence, they may decline the licence for at least 12 months until you can prove you have abstained completely. Dependence would also mean you need to abstain 'for life' (although in reality it means for up to 6 years while you are being forced to take the medicals).

I would suggest you speak to your GP before they send the questionnaire back, make sure your GP is on your side and knows the full picture. Not doing this could mean a big delay in getting your licence back...

Really depends on how they interpret the GP questionnaire and what the CDT result comes in at.

If they read the notes as a misuser of alcohol, they will require 6 months of 'proven' abstinence or drinking within Govt. guidelines. If they read it as alcohol dependence, they may decline the licence for at least 12 months until you can prove you have abstained completely. Dependence would also mean you need to abstain 'for life' (although in reality it means for up to 6 years while you are being forced to take the medicals).

I would suggest you speak to your GP before they send the questionnaire back, make sure your GP is on your side and knows the full picture. Not doing this could mean a big delay in getting your licence back...
Ok thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off