Urgent Answer Needed Please!

Convicted Driver Insurance

Keith

Hi guys, just registered... First of all thanks for the helpfull website and forums (been a guest for a bit)...

To the point

I was banned from driving for drink driving and falling asleep at the traffic lights when they was on red (its ok to laugh lol) anyway it was my first offence and i was arrested obviously.

My results were - 75 microgrammes of alchohol in 100 millilitres of breath...

I got a 20month ban which has ended now and i have sent all the relevant payments and documents off to the DVLA. My medical has finaly been arranged but this is the problem, when i recieved the letter it said i need to book an appointment for a high risk offenders medical, why?

Its my first offence etc
Has the law changed (since that on your front page?) shouldnt i be having a normal basic medical? Why am i having a high risk offenders medical?

I realy dont get (going off your front page details ) why i have to have this type of medical, can someone help please?

DVLA have realy been taking the piss lately and ive got a feeling they have something wrong here.

Thanks

Hi guys, just registered... First of all thanks for the helpfull website and forums (been a guest for a bit)...

To the point

I was banned from driving for drink driving and falling asleep at the traffic lights when they was on red (its ok to laugh lol) anyway it was my first offence and i was arrested obviously.

My results were - 75 microgrammes of alchohol in 100 millilitres of breath...

I got a 20month ban which has ended now and i have sent all the relevant payments and documents off to the DVLA. My medical has finaly been arranged but this is the problem, when i recieved the letter it said i need to book an appointment for a high risk offenders medical, why?

Its my first offence etc
Has the law changed (since that on your front page?) shouldnt i be having a normal basic medical? Why am i having a high risk offenders medical?

I realy dont get (going off your front page details ) why i have to have this type of medical, can someone help please?

DVLA have realy been taking the piss lately and ive got a feeling they have something wrong here.

Thanks

I suggest you contact the DVLA. It is inevitable that such a large agency who deal with millions of driving licence applications will make the odd clerical error.

High Risk Offenders are drivers who have been disqualified by an order of court because the proportion of alcohol in their bodies exceeded the maximum legal prescribed limit and:
  • Have been found to be over 2 and a half times the legal limit with a blood alcohol content that equalled or exceeded:

(i) 87.5 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath, or
    (ii) 200 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of blood, or
    (iii) 267.5 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of urine; OR

• Have failed, without reasonable excuse, to provide a specimen for analysis; OR
  • Have two convictions of drink driving or being in charge while unfit through drink within a 10 year period.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply man. I had already rang DVLA by this point but thanks again anyway.

Here is what happened.

Luckily i found the summons i got from the police station the night of being arrest, it was in aload of my old bills folders. It turns out that i had 75MG's in 100 Millilitres of breath, i told DVLA this and they said they had me down as having 100MG's in 100ML of breath and have got it wrong.

Ive got to ring the magistrates court on monday and sort this out.

Fingers crossed everything gets sorted.

Cheers

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off