Update

Convicted Driver Insurance

Fiona123b

Since being charged with failing to provide in July last year, I have been cleared of all charges as the CCTV footage of the police in the custody suite was the worst my solicitor has ever seen. I was bullied, intimated and despite saying 30 times in 19 minutes that I needed to go to hospital, I was repeatedly ignored. Shocking behaviour from the Police. I stood my ground and won.

Since being charged with failing to provide in July last year, I have been cleared of all charges as the CCTV footage of the police in the custody suite was the worst my solicitor has ever seen. I was bullied, intimated and despite saying 30 times in 19 minutes that I needed to go to hospital, I was repeatedly ignored. Shocking behaviour from the Police. I stood my ground and won.
Hi,

Excellent outcome! Congratulations!

Kind regards,

Stu

I am glad you pursued getting the custody video.
Often recollections of what happened can be patchy but the process is there for all to see in real time on the video.
Did it take an actual trial for this to come out or did the CPS fold when the errors in procedure were pointed out to them and they pulled the case?

I am glad you pursued getting the custody video.
Often recollections of what happened can be patchy but the process is there for all to see in real time on the video.
Did it take an actual trial for this to come out or did the CPS fold when the errors in procedure were pointed out to them and they pulled the case?
It was before the trial which was due on the 14th of Feb. If I hadn't had some savings I would have had to plead guilty or defend myself. My Solicitor tried endlessly to get hold of the prosecution. I wouldn't have stood a chance. What caught the bustards out is what they said behind my back. Mocking me and having complete disregard for my safety. Font be intimidated if you are innocent, they make mistakes

It was before the trial which was due on the 14th of Feb. If I hadn't had some savings I would have had to plead guilty or defend myself. My Solicitor tried endlessly to get hold of the prosecution. I wouldn't have stood a chance. What caught the bustards out is what they said behind my back. Mocking me and having complete disregard for my safety. Font be intimidated if you are innocent, they make mistakes

Is your solicitor going to try to get some at least of your costs back?
It is called a Defence Costs Order but you will have to check with your solicitor to see if this is possible when the case has been dropped before the first hearing.
If that can be done, your claim would not be for what you have actually paid out, but be limited to the number of hours that you solicitor has spent being paid at Legal Aid rates, which is lower than the normal ‘going’ rate.

Thank you. Am so happy after months of them not disclosing the footage shameful behaviour
Hi,

My footage never came to light even though it was requested loads of times by my solicitor.
Still never seen it...months of waiting paid off in the end.

Kind regards,

Stu

Is your solicitor going to try to get some at least of your costs back?
It is called a Defence Costs Order but you will have to check with your solicitor to see if this is possible when the case has been dropped before the first hearing.
If that can be done, your claim would not be for what you have actually paid out, but be limited to the number of hours that you solicitor has spent being paid at Legal Aid rates, which is lower than the normal ‘going’ rate.
Thank you. I will ask him

Hi,

My footage never came to light even though it was requested loads of times by my solicitor.
Still never seen it...months of waiting paid off in the end.

Kind regards,

Stu
I used to have faith in the police but the very people I needed help from completely turned against me despite me pleading to go to hospital. They were thugs and as my solicitor said *who used to be a coppa);it was a slow night and they picked you.

pleased for you that you got the right justice. But this is a sad situation. I cannot understand why police would behave in this way at all, let alone do it whilst knowing it was being recorded. Not only should you be compensated, but those that did it should be disciplined.
I have to say that every one of the officers who dealt with me were exceptionally good - way better than I could have expected,

pleased for you that you got the right justice. But this is a sad situation. I cannot understand why police would behave in this way at all, let alone do it whilst knowing it was being recorded. Not only should you be compensated, but those that did it should be disciplined.
I have to say that every one of the officers who dealt with me were exceptionally good - way better than I could have expected,
Yes I am going to ask my Solicitor about being compensated. He said they behaved appallingly. I haven't seen the footage, not sure if I want to but there are clearly good and bad cops and that night I got the bad ones. I said from the outset at the roadside I needed the hospital and got bundled into a van and basically bullied then on I asked for medication and got laughed at. Absolute thugs. Only one female officer showed sympathy but she was shut down by the rest

Yes I am going to ask my Solicitor about being compensated. He said they behaved appallingly. I haven't seen the footage, not sure if I want to but there are clearly good and bad cops and that night I got the bad ones. I said from the outset at the roadside I needed the hospital and got bundled into a van and basically bullied then on I asked for medication and got laughed at. Absolute thugs. Only one female officer showed sympathy but she was shut down by the rest
I still can't get over the fact that if I hadn't had savings I could have been facing prison which terrified me. That would have been such an injustice!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off