Update

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jimbo2167

As some of you may have seen over the past few days ive been absolutely furious with DVLA on the almost 6 months since i reapplied I eventually got in touch with my MP last week and today i have received a call from his office.. Yesterday he managed to speak to the DVLA and they apologised to him about the time this has taken and that i will receive my full 10 year licence in the post within 14 days unbelievable news im so over the moon words fail me ..

Timescale 23rd March sent D1
20th July medical
09th Sept full licence back

Well done. I have to say that some of the responses to interventions from an MP have been distinctly underwhelming.

Well done. I have to say that some of the responses to interventions from an MP have been distinctly underwhelming.
Yeah i have heard this and i guess kinda made me think twice about doing this but then i thought what the hell ive waited this long and nothing to lose I did email Julie lennerd a cpl days ago not sure if this also had anything to do with it but hey its all over .You and this site have been invaluable during this period

As some of you may have seen over the past few days ive been absolutely furious with DVLA on the almost 6 months since i reapplied I eventually got in touch with my MP last week and today i have received a call from his office.. Yesterday he managed to speak to the DVLA and they apologised to him about the time this has taken and that i will receive my full 10 year licence in the post within 14 days unbelievable news im so over the moon words fail me ..

Timescale 23rd March sent D1
20th July medical
09th Sept full licence back
Well done you and the MP!!!

Can I ask - is the ongoing shortage of Class 1/Class 2 deliveries (shops/stores running out of stock) partly down to this same fiasco with the DVLA?

CJ

Can I ask - is the ongoing shortage of Class 1/Class 2 deliveries (shops/stores running out of stock) partly down to this same fiasco with the DVLA?

CJ
The DVLA issues are not helping but it’s far wider than that I believe : brexit / Covid etc

CJ
I think a lot of the issues are due to the pandemic however when it comes to class 1 and 2 drivers a lot of them were of course EU citizens and Brexit must be the major cause as can be seen by the lorry parks in Kent . The UK has made it extremely difficult for drivers to cross the channel without spending days/ nights in there lorries and i guess a lot of them have said not for me thnx

Reactions: GGG
I think a lot of the issues are due to the pandemic however when it comes to class 1 and 2 drivers a lot of them were of course EU citizens and Brexit must be the major cause as can be seen by the lorry parks in Kent . The UK has made it extremely difficult for drivers to cross the channel without spending days/ nights in there lorries and i guess a lot of them have said not for me thnx

Not good is it?

There is a National shortage of HGV drivers across the Country. Alot of companies are desperate to recruit new drivers.

Some companies are even paying for non-HGV licence holders to do their Class 1/2/3 tests which are not cheap.

Unfortunately, having a DR10 on your licence means potential employers seeking drivers would still turn you away, whether they are desperate or not!!!!

CJ

They are ditching the Class 2 so any new drivers can go straight into a Class 1 test without the need of learning the rigid's to try and fill those empty lorrys, They have also decided to ditch the car + trailer test to free up 50,000 HGV tests.

Mean's your going to get a lot of folks attempting to tow trailers/caravans on the road with no experience.

Hi this will be my final post on here but this site has been invaluable and got me through some right hard times ..

In Feb 2002 i was caught drink driving and of the top of my head i cant remember what the reading was but well enough for me to of course go to court and be given a £420 fine and 24 month ban . I never reapplied for my licence until this year mainly due to the shock at what id done and the fact at that time in my life was drinking too much ...Anyhow this year i reapplied as my lifes changed completely now March 23rd i sent off D1 and heard nothing until the end of May when i got the medical letter and first available appt was 20th July . I abstained totally from the 30th May even though in fairness i didn't drink a lot anyhow . Anyhow after phoning numerous times and finally contacting my MP i got word last week i was getting my licence back and true enough it dropped through the door this morning 10 year licence Been a long haul but finally over ..

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off