Update on my DVLA Urine Test

Convicted Driver Insurance

iJamesPHP

Today marks 200 DAYS since giving the DVLA doctor my urine sample. Yes, 200 Days! 6 and a half months! I am still told that the “lab has my urine”. I was banned for 12 months a long time ago. I have been unbanned for 20 months and have been trying to navigate the medical maze during COVID, and I am on the last hurdle, a urine test. I have my sample 6.5 months ago, I have gotten my MO to write to them, twice now. I had reached a point of not caring and started to deal with it but day by day it winds me up more and more, it’s really triggering dark parts of my mental health and I hate having to deal with it through my day to day life. Sorry for the rant. But just as an acknowledgment to any disgruntled citizens browsing the forum R.E. DVLA delays, I feel your paid. 6.5 months they have my urine, I feel you…😭

That is quite unacceptable. I do not believe that the lab still has the urine with no result after 6 1/2 months.
You should raise a complaint straight away using the following link:

Today marks 200 DAYS since giving the DVLA doctor my urine sample. Yes, 200 Days! 6 and a half months! I am still told that the “lab has my urine”. I was banned for 12 months a long time ago. I have been unbanned for 20 months and have been trying to navigate the medical maze during COVID, and I am on the last hurdle, a urine test. I have my sample 6.5 months ago, I have gotten my MO to write to them, twice now. I had reached a point of not caring and started to deal with it but day by day it winds me up more and more, it’s really triggering dark parts of my mental health and I hate having to deal with it through my day to day life. Sorry for the rant. But just as an acknowledgment to any disgruntled citizens browsing the forum R.E. DVLA delays, I feel your paid. 6.5 months they have my urine, I feel you…😭
I am so sorry to hear this. Quite how anyone at the DVLA can actually even articulate this outrageous statement is beyond me, and if it was the case they are still waiting , it should have been chased up. Many of us on here have experienced delays , nothing like yours, but we empathise totally . Feel free to vent if it helps , and keep on at it whilst trying to minimise its impact on you. 😃

Been waiting half that time and this gives me no hope, July 14th was when I did my medical, stay strong..

Been waiting half that time and this gives me no hope, July 14th was when I did my medical, stay strong..
Me neither, I'm still waiting on word whether or not to attend one and the med dept have had my forms 11 weeks.

Last edited:
I’m in the same boat as you lot, I’ve given my sample on the 5th of July and all I ever hear is there’s no update

I’m in the same boat as you lot, I’ve given my sample on the 5th of July and all I ever hear is there’s no update
Hi, 13 weeks today the med department have had my GP report and I've not even had word of attending a medical yet at least you've did yours 😂.
I applied on March 10th.
Still no further forward.
Good luck!!

Last edited:
Hi, 13 weeks today the med department have had my GP report and I've not even had word of attending a medical yet at least you've did yours 😂.
I applied on March 10th.
Still no further forward.
Good luck!!

Nile

Am I in order to ask - did you elect to provide a urine sample rather than a blood sample at your DVLA medical?

CJ

Nile

Am I in order to ask - did you elect to provide a urine sample rather than a blood sample at your DVLA medical?

CJ
Hi, I haven't even had word yet of whether I need to attend a medical or not.
It will be a urine sample if I need a medical
Cheers.

You are correct Price.
I admitted 3 weeks use in April 2019.
No convictions, charges driving offences etc involved.
I did my medical Oct 2nd .. CBT and Urine test . My medical licence was granted Nov 4th . My application was filed on their system 4th March .

I hope this gives you some hope .

I did my medical Oct 2nd .. CBT and Urine test . My medical licence was granted Nov 4th . My application was filed on their system 4th March .

I hope this gives you some hope .
Hi, thanks for the effort to relay your circumstances and attempt to bring some optimism and reassurance!.
It's good to see that that there was only one month between your medical and licence being issued.
I can only hope that will be the same for me though one never knows or can tell anything about DVLA.
Given that we only applied one week apart (March 10th for me) I'm not optimistic really despite your kind efforts to try and help🙏♥️ as I still haven't had any word regarding even ATTENDING a medical yet if necessary. 😭
I'm just glad that DVLA balloted yesterday and the results were not to strike, best news yet!!
Yours, with gratitude
NileR ✌️

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the effort to relay your circumstances and attempt to bring some optimism and reassurance!.
It's good to see that that there was only one month between your medical and licence being issued.
I can only hope that will be the same for me though one never knows or can tell anything about DVLA.
Given that we only applied one week apart (March 10th for me) I'm not optimistic really despite your kind efforts to try and help🙏♥️ as I still haven't had any word regarding even ATTENDING a medical yet if necessary. 😭
I'm just glad that DVLA balloted yesterday and the results were not to strike, best news yet!!
Yours, with gratitude
NileR ✌️
Keep on keeping on 👍🏻👍🏻🌞🌞

I am in the exact same boat; my medical was on April the 19th and they're still waiting on my urine results.
I complained months ago and was only told that they'd treat the case as a priority... once they'd received the urine results. So essentially they're doing nothing.

Good luck to you and I hope you get sorted. 🤞

I am in the exact same boat; my medical was on April the 19th and they're still waiting on my urine results.
I complained months ago and was only told that they'd treat the case as a priority... once they'd received the urine results. So essentially they're doing nothing.

Good luck to you and I hope you get sorted. 🤞
I was a high priority as well so they told me . Have they written to your doctor etc . I admitted to taking cocaine April 24th 2020 . They still urine tested me October 2nd 2021 . All because I was honest on the D1 .. best thing is to tell them absolutely nothing ever ..

They wrote to my GP over a year ago, and my letter to book a medical came through the post almost a year ago.
That’s beyond unreasonable. I just made a complete pest of myself . I rang every week sometimes twice . I also went through every level of complaint. I then threatened DFT independent complaints assessor involvement. As you say they do make you a high priority case then .

I wonder if anyone has taken them to court on the grounds of the unreasonable time frame . I did read of one case where a guy did get them in court and won . He received a thousand pound in compensation. However this was before the covid debacle and industrial action .

That’s beyond unreasonable. I just made a complete pest of myself . I rang every week sometimes twice . I also went through every level of complaint. I then threatened DFT independent complaints assessor involvement. As you say they do make you a high priority case then .

I wonder if anyone has taken them to court on the grounds of the unreasonable time frame . I did read of one case where a guy did get them in court and won . He received a thousand pound in compensation. However this was before the covid debacle and industrial action .
Thanks for the reply. I can be a pest if I have to! Will start on Monday.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off