Unsure on how to correctly fill in an insurance quote after being convicted

Convicted Driver Insurance

RobT26

Hi guys and gals,

I have my medical next week so I thought I would start looking at insurance quotes etc, I'm unsure how to fill a couple of bits correctly.
Where you're asked how long your ban was, do you need to put in the original ban length or your reduced length if you complete the course? (I assume the latter?)
And also, where you're asked how long you have held your licence for, do you put in your original licence issue date or do you need to put in the date you get your licence back after your ban?

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys and gals,

I have my medical next week so I thought I would start looking at insurance quotes etc, I'm unsure how to fill a couple of bits correctly.
Where you're asked how long your ban was, do you need to put in the original ban length or your reduced length if you complete the course? (I assume the latter?)
And also, where you're asked how long you have held your licence for, do you put in your original licence issue date or do you need to put in the date you get your licence back after your ban?

Thanks in advance!

The ban length after the reduction and the original date your licence was issued mate.

Guys, can someone help, I am struggling with insurance.
I haven't bought car yet so not sure what to do. Is it possible to buy online? Or should I phone around?
12 April, I can drive (providing dvla send my licence back, submitted form 2 weeks ago).

I haven't bought car yet so not sure what to do. Is it possible to buy online? Or should I phone around?
12 April, I can drive (providing dvla send my licence back, submitted form 2 weeks ago).
I used confused.com and got a very reasonable quote.

Hi Alrac,
Is your question about how to buy insurance? If so that is very easy - you can either use a comparison site or phone around and use one of the sites mentioned on this forum, or the list you may have got from attending a DD course (apologies i am assuming you did).

One word of caution though, why would you want to do this now? There is no guarantee you will get your licence back on the 12th, even if you don't have to do a medical. The DVLA have very long delays and are now considering strike action.

As you can buy insurance when you need it in less than 10 mins and as you will get a cheaper quote on comparison sites when you enter a valid licence number (usually) i guess why not wait until your licence is issued and then buy cover?

Hi Alrac,
Is your question about how to buy insurance? If so that is very easy - you can either use a comparison site or phone around and use one of the sites mentioned on this forum, or the list you may have got from attending a DD course (apologies i am assuming you did).

One word of caution though, why would you want to do this now? There is no guarantee you will get your licence back on the 12th, even if you don't have to do a medical. The DVLA have very long delays and are now considering strike action.

As you can buy insurance when you need it in less than 10 mins and as you will get a cheaper quote on comparison sites when you enter a valid licence number (usually) i guess why not wait until your licence is issued and then buy cover?
Whichever company you use just double check they have your conviction recorded
Once my licence arrived I had a test drive & had to show licence then placed order sorted insurance very fast as had contact them with potential car - you need a reg. everything is slow with covid so be prepared for delays

Thanks people.
I have had my new licence back (3 weeks, probably quicker than pre Covid with the dvla!).
I am going to wait until the car shops open back up here in Wales and not rush.
For new ish cars, circa 17, 18 plates on 1.2 to 1.4 cars, getting quotes around 600 which is fabulous.
2 weeks and I am a driver again.
I never ever thought I would make it through but gee whiz, I am on top of the world hehe.
Take care all.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off