Unexpected CDT test after Urine test

Convicted Driver Insurance

Dobby

Hello everyone.
Last year I went to my GP to discuss with them if there was anything the NHS had in place to help with my addiction to Ketamine.
In short the answer was no as I am not a rock bottom example etc. I wont go into that too much as it isn't really relevant for this thread.
Anyway the doctor said that by law they had to inform the DVLA of my persistent use of ketamine which lead to the DVLA revoking my licence for 12 months.

I am currently going through the process of applying for my licence and last month I had a DVLA medical and Urine test carried out.

I have just received a letter from the DVLA stating that I now have to have another medical and a CDT blood test even though I have no history of alcohol abuse.

Now my question is after reading many threads here is will I pass the test if I have it done 1 week after drinking 8 cans spread over Friday, Saturday and Sunday? (last weekend)

I do not drink during the week but usually consume this amount, maybe more every weekend.

As a one off, you could well be fine..... but 8 cans is a bit loose, big cans, small cans, Super strength lager or Nats pee......When is your test?

Sorry should've been a bit more precise.
Usually drink premium larger. 3-4 pints in the pub after work on Fridays, 2 500ml cans with dinner on Saturdays and a couple of 500ml cans when watching the football either Saturday or Sunday depending when my team are playing. That's pretty standard for a weekend maybe I have a few more or a few less depending what I am doing.

Still don't understand why the DVLA have requested this blood test as my case was never to do with alcohol but hey, it is what it is I guess. I have booked my test for the 29th of November and won't be having any drinks until then.

More than likely the DVLA are asking for a CDT test to see if you've replaced the drugs with booze, they'll be thinking if I can't have one I'll have the other, that's how devious that Swansea mob are "another trap" mind how you go dobby, watch out for the pitfalls which DVLA are very good at setting,,,,,

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off