Two drink driving offences

Convicted Driver Insurance

Hmw321

I’m speaking on behalf of my friend who needs advice.

she was originally caught drunk driving 4th October and blew 66mg breath.

she then crashed her car a few months later at 84mg roadside whilst waiting for her first court conviction.
Since then she’s been diagnosed with a mental health disorder.

she’s wondering what will happen to her from these convictions as her court hearing is very soon.

thank you

This is advice best asked of a solicitor at this point.

She is facing a minimum of 3 years off the road for two drink driving offences. The fact of committing one offence then commiting an escalated offence within months of the first won't go in her favour. You would be best contacting martin on the legal section of the forum.

I’m speaking on behalf of my friend who needs advice.

she was originally caught drunk driving 4th October and blew 66mg breath.

she then crashed her car a few months later at 84mg roadside whilst waiting for her first court conviction.
Since then she’s been diagnosed with a mental health disorder.

she’s wondering what will happen to her from these convictions as her court hearing is very soon.

thank you
Was the second drink drive case in the same police area?
is she due in court for both offences together or are there separate hearings?

They will be separate hearings, there could be very ban news on the horizon. Once the first case is over, she will enter the second case and they will know she VERY recently got caught for the same offence, a prison sentence is highly likely, depending on other factors such as criminal record.

If she is clean of a criminal record for anything else then it should be a 3 year ban with an extended test to do and a medical once ban is over.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off