Hi

I have just got back from court, they gave me

22 month driving ban
Driving course
£500.00 fine

No press was present so hopefully nothing will be published

relieved its over

next question is

1) do I need to take theory and driving test?
2) can I apply for my license earlier?

Hi

22 month driving ban
Driving course
£500.00 fine

relieved its over

next question is

2) No. The course will reduce the length of ban . You cannot apply for reduction until 2 years has passed and your ban is less .
1) I doubt it . I think that this might only apply to new drivers ??

Hi

22 month driving ban
Driving course
£500.00 fine

relieved its over

next question is

No you won't have to re-sit your test(s) again. This would have been part of the sentence.

You cannot apply for your licence back early as your ban with a 25% reduction will be 16.5 months. Your ban must be 4 years or greater and you must have served 2 years of it before applying to get your licence back early. The chances are this WOULD attract press attention as well.

Hop this helps.

Hi please only comment if you have been charged for drink driving twice over the limit

i just wanted to know your sentencing outcome?

and did you make it in the press?

not sure when I am due in court but feel quite anxious
I blew 140 so four times the limit and didn’t make the press.

I got 48 months reduced by 12 for doing the course.

got my licence back last week!

Hi

22 month driving ban
Driving course
£500.00 fine

relieved its over

next question is

1) I understand N Ireland rules are different if not NI no
2) no
Just get paperwork ready to send so it is there for the 56 days Pre drive date post course
Tip do course asap & pick centre that has a large catchment area
Press - they get copies Of court papers but unless a slow news day you may be lucky
But the worst is now over so you can now start to rebuild
It gets easier

Emily

The issue of the press depends on the area you live and your circumstances.

Most straight forward drink driving cases where it has simply been a 'pull' and arrest - don't make the national press newspapers. Local newspapers may publish a short article.

Some local papers do publish weekly court results. When, I was convicted, my name and address (not the house number) appeared in the local rag the following week.

I am a private person and I was very unhappy about this, but sadly there is nothing that can be done about it. It's almost like part of the punish for our misbehaviour.

It isn't uncommon for alot of drink drivers not to get a mention at all in the press. If their story doesn't involve a bit of 'juicy scandal' to it - the press are not interested.

CJ

No you won't have to re-sit your test(s) again. This would have been part of the sentence.

You cannot apply for your licence back early as your ban with a 25% reduction will be 16.5 months. Your ban must be 4 years or greater and you must have served 2 years of it before applying to get your licence back early. The chances are this WOULD attract press attention as well.

Hop this helps.
Ahem, ban had to be "only " three years for an early return application.

Ahem, ban had to be "only " three years for an early return application.
Yes, I saw 4 years and thought this was the minimum, but the wording is below.

But as I said if he completes the awareness course he will not need to apply for early return and indeed he cannot as he won't have served 2 full years.

1629188763587.png

Yes, I saw 4 years and thought this was the minimum, but the wording is below.

But as I said if he completes the awareness course he will not need to apply for early return and indeed he cannot as he won't have served 2 full years.

View attachment 312
Typical DVLA - being as confusing as possible

18 month ban, fine etc

Counted myself lucky I was not in any paper.

Was a busy day at court, had to wait until the very end and they opened up a room on another floor just for me.

But how am I expected to disclose to anyone If no one is informing me of what is on my crb
lo
I’m not sure I understand the query. You don’t have to disclose anything, but if you apply for a job/ position that asks if you have any cónvictions, that would be when you would declare it. i.e. the offence and sentence information. If a DBS check is made it will show this information. What will show is the offence, date of conviction, and sentence.

But how am I expected to disclose to anyone If no one is informing me of what is on my crb
lol
The job application process will involve you being asked if you have any criminal convictions. For a basic check it will ask if you have any unspent convictions … that means for most purposes any criminal convictions in the past 5 years.
If the job involves an enhanced DBS check you would be expected to disclose any criminal convictions in the past 11 years, unless they were serious in which case they may never expire.
You cannot say you have no criminal convictions, but then try to justify a drink drive conviction if it happens to show up. That would mean you would fail the integrity test!

The job application process will involve you being asked if you have any criminal convictions. For a basic check it will ask if you have any unspent convictions … that means for most purposes any criminal convictions in the past 5 years.
If the job involves an enhanced DBS check you would be expected to disclose any criminal convictions in the past 11 years, unless they were serious in which case they may never expire.
You cannot say you have no criminal convictions, but then try to justify a drink drive conviction if it happens to show up. That would mean you would fail the integrity test!
Better explanation than mine 👍. I happen to know exactly what it looks like on DBS check as I had one as I volunteer with a learning disability project . I’d obviously disclosed before I started . It’s just a very matter of fact , one line record .

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off