Twice on driving driving limit

Convicted Driver Insurance

Emily🙄

Hi please only comment if you have been charged for drink driving twice over the limit

i just wanted to know your sentencing outcome?

and did you make it in the press?

not sure when I am due in court but feel quite anxious

I was twice limit. Sentencing was pretty much as per the penalty calculator stu has listed above.

Local paper and closest big city paper reported it. Even after 5 years, if you google my name and my town then I come up first in the listings about my sentence.... Public interest stories unfortunately, you can't do anything about it!

Hi, I was double the limit on my first offence, court was straight forward really. Was in and out within 15 mins, I had an 18 month ban and £350 fine, i was also in the local newspaper too, hope this helps x

I have been caught twice since 2016. First time I blew 124 and the second time 96. Fine was £400. First ban was 27 months and the second was 36 with 25% reduction for the Drink Driver Awareness course. This was in Scotland where for some reason sentencing seems to be a little lighter than anywhere else.

Regarding the local press, it is a lottery whether you end up in it or not. I was incredibly lucky in that my case(s) weren't reported in the local press which given I was nearly 6 times the limit is amazing.

Cheers

I have been caught twice since 2016. First time I blew 124 and the second time 96. Fine was £400. First ban was 27 months and the second was 36 with 25% reduction for the Drink Driver Awareness course. This was in Scotland where for some reason sentencing seems to be a little lighter than anywhere else.

Regarding the local press, it is a lottery whether you end up in it or not. I was incredibly lucky in that my case(s) weren't reported in the local press which given I was nearly 6 times the limit is amazing.

Cheers

Scotland and Northern Ireland don’t follow the sentencing guidelines on this forum. Only England do and I think perhaps Wales, although don’t quote me on Wales I just know England for sure. In Northern Ireland almost everyone is given a 12 month ban for a first offence, I blew 93 and it was a 9 month ban after the reduction from the course.

However it is the guts of £400 to apply for your licence back as a HRO in NI and you have to resit both your theory and practical test. The paper is a lottery, slow news week and you will appear, lots of juicy cases that week and you won’t.

Twice over. 1st offence.
Disqualification 25m with reduction of 25w with DD course.
£175 fine.
40hrs community service.

Feel free to PM me if you are anxious, stressed etc

After 3 and a half months I have a court date for Monday next week,
I was informed by duty solicitor not had anything in the post yet,

will keep you posted of the outcome
🤞🏼

🤞🏼
That will be a relief for you, albeit a daunting prospect. Good luck

That will be a relief for you, albeit a daunting prospect. Good luck
Have you had blood tests done as well? I am going away for 9 days and I am worried that I might get a letter through the post…

🤞🏼
You have read in the forum what to expect but do take someone with you fingers crossed for no press coverage

I blew 91, first offence. Got a 22 month ban reduced by 22 weeks and 60 hours community service. No newspaper for me.

Good luck, you will be fine I’m sure.

Blew 101 so approaching 3 times the limit
- Community order with 120 hours community service
- 28 month ban
- £180 court costs
- No article as such but did appear in the court roundup

Best of luck!!!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off