Turned down

Convicted Driver Insurance

topchippyles

Established Member
Guys just opened a letter from the dvla and they turned me down for my licence,Not been to see my gp for 2 years but prior to that i was referred to for counselling, I stated that i have 4 pints after work on a friday and 5 pints when out with the wife on a saturday,Is there anything i can do to appeal.They wrote to my gp and i passed the dvla medical.

That's terrible news mate so what have they classed you as, you can appeal their decision in a court of law but first you need to know why they refused you what does the letter say? If they've classed you as dependant theyll want 12 months abstination

That's terrible news mate so what have they classed you as, you can appeal their decision in a court of law but first you need to know why they refused you what does the letter say? If they've classed you as dependant theyll want 12 months abstination
Because i went for counselling my GP put dependant but not even seen him for 2 years which is why i am wondering is that grounds to appeal as if not seen me how can they put that down.

It's just so unfair how they treat people they must think we're all raving alcoholics, they went back to 2006 with me and found depedence, you can appeal it les but I would of thought that'll be long drawn out and expensive or you can do your 12 months don t forget to document your last drink as this is when a new temporary licence will start from and stick to that date and tell them no alcohol in the future, these b....stards need shaking up there must be some legal way to challenge this as people are unfairly being stopped driving....if you need any guidance let me know mate...

It's just so unfair how they treat people they must think we're all raving alcoholics, they went back to 2006 with me and found depedence, you can appeal it les but I would of thought that'll be long drawn out and expensive or you can do your 12 months don t forget to document your last drink as this is when a new temporary licence will start from and stick to that date and tell them no alcohol in the future, these b....stards need shaking up there must be some legal way to challenge this as people are unfairly being stopped driving....if you need any guidance let me know mate...
So if had told them at the medical i had not drunk for 12 months and lied they would not have contacted my GP ??

What you need to do now is start collecting medical evidence through your GP (ie liver function tests or LFTs) This is a blood test that you should have 3\4 times through out the year to show that your liver is normal and abstaining proves its normal and they will accept this as your medical evidence along with another medical report. If your liver function is abnormal or raised (the doctor will check your GGT this is the enzyme to detect alcohol) then don't panic as this can be reversed. My GGT was raised to 170 and took 3 months to return to normal whilst abstaining, this is the way forward for you now and don't forget to document your last drink with your GP as he will use this date on the medical report 30/11/19. You are now classed as dependant which means you can no longer take alcohol again if you want your licence back (use your head), however with satisfactory LFTs and a new doctors report and a logged last drink date then you can look forward to a new temporary licence......

What you need to do now is start collecting medical evidence through your GP (ie liver function tests or LFTs) This is a blood test that you should have 3\4 times through out the year to show that your liver is normal and abstaining proves its normal and they will accept this as your medical evidence along with another medical report. If your liver function is abnormal or raised (the doctor will check your GGT this is the enzyme to detect alcohol) then don't panic as this can be reversed. My GGT was raised to 170 and took 3 months to return to normal whilst abstaining, this is the way forward for you now and don't forget to document your last drink with your GP as he will use this date on the medical report 30/11/19. You are now classed as dependant which means you can no longer take alcohol again if you want your licence back (use your head), however with satisfactory LFTs and a new doctors report and a logged last drink date then you can look forward to a new temporary licence......
A new temporary licence soon or after 12 months (y)

If you can prove your last twelve months of no drinking then you can send it to further medical evidence where they will review it,if you can't then regrettably in 12 months...

Guys just opened a letter from the dvla and they turned me down for my licence,Not been to see my gp for 2 years but prior to that i was referred to for counselling, I stated that i have 4 pints after work on a friday and 5 pints when out with the wife on a saturday,Is there anything i can do to appeal.They wrote to my gp and i passed the dvla medical.
Hi what was your CDT reading please ?

Just to add my doctor put that I was not dependant but they wouldn't accept it.....
Why did they say you were dependant if the doctor said you weren’t? I’m massively panicking about mine coming back. My doc put no for dependant still waiting to hear back.

In the end they classed me as dependant/misuse for self admitting to drinking 30 units of alcohol per week and with a raised liver function (GGT) of 170....therefore issuing me a temp licence of 1 year after abstination of 1 year...

In the end they classed me as dependant/misuse for self admitting to drinking 30 units of alcohol per week and with a raised liver function (GGT) of 170....therefore issuing me a temp licence of 1 year after abstination of 1 year...
So my doctor has wrote a letter along with my medical form stating that I went through a period of drinking up to 140 units a week but was only for a short period of 2 weeks in November 2018. Also stated I have never been alcohol dependant and that since November 2018 I have been drinking up to 10 units a week. As the period was soo short do you think they would refuse my licence for this? Never had any detox or anything like that, was nearly 14 months ago and only 2 weeks. Just been panicking and massively loosing sleep over this for ages now.

Also I had GGT tests done as I am on thyroid medication so they have checked my bloods a lot for that any everything was normal.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off