TTC Drink Driving Awareness Course

Convicted Driver Insurance

ally

Well Known Member
Hi All
I have attended my second session out of three of the DD Awareness Course. I would like to say that the training has been fantastic. The facilitators have been non judgemental, a bank of knowledge and information and their delivery has been fantastic. To say I have enjoyed it would seem wrong but as a teacher myself I am the worlds worst critic, and would have plenty to say abut a badly delivered session. My first session was four and a half hours and todays session was seven hours taking out breaks and a lunch every moment was filled with information, each person was encouraged to join in and we were all made to feel comfortable in sharing our experiences. The session was delivered so well I would go so far as to say I was hypnotised even on breaks we went out for a cigarette and the heavy drinkers were saying they were thinking twice about what thy drunk!!!!
I would highly recommend it to all of you that has been offered it, it is worth every penny!!!!

Last edited:
Hi ally told you there was nothing to worry about it,s a learning curve and you,ll find most are good people but make silly mistakes just out of curiosity have you got someone in your class with a lot to say and never shuts up i had one on my course lol xx

That's so funny yes I have!!!!! A woman sat one but one to me, doesn't drink as she has said a million times!!!! Locked out of a hotel in Blackpool slept in her car, moved it and done!!!! She declined filling in the drink diary because she doesn't drink! Breath of 102 I think otherwise!!!! Why lie? The fact that she is banging on about it speaks volumes!!! No one cares just be honest!!!

Yep all shes doing is fooling herself i filled in the drink diary on my course and it opens your eyes as to how much you drink without realising it i didn,t lie but did start working out what it was costing me and it scares the crap out of ya to think your doing £40 plus quid a week on piss then you get caught jesus it adds up then and isn,t worth it but we sometimes have to learn the hard way unfortunately once bitten twice shy.
You,ll learn some more from the course as well and you,ll be like me well clued up i,ve stopped 3 people so far going out the next morning after a night session because they didn,t realise how long the alcohol stayed in your system so from my stupidity i,ve taught others and it feels good and you,ll do the same i,m sure

I can't thank you enough for what you have shared with me, I have shared your experience and seen the colour drain from people's faces is not a nice sight. Being asked why I am on the couse so soon after then I share your story , yeah that's why. The aftermath is horrid and after I shared what I had been told it's funny how the laughter stopped, thank you again x

Glad i,ve been of some help although nobody can change things other peoples experiences can prove invaluable and getting things moving early is the best policy as they say the early bird catches the worm sham DVLA don,t get their arses into gear but you,ve now got a head start from my experiences if you get stuck on what to do give me a shout after all this atleast i can say been there done that got the t shirt lol

Thank you, you have been great!!

I have put a deposit on a summer house for my garden with the money I have saved from my car insurance and petrol!!!!! Its going to have electric in it and a chiminea/bbq, best thing I can walk to my retreat!!!!

Please tell me you are back on the road?? x

Thank you, you have been great!!

I have put a deposit on a summer house for my garden with the money I have saved from my car insurance and petrol!!!!! Its going to have electric in it and a chiminea/bbq, best thing I can walk to my retreat!!!!

Please tell me you are back on the road?? x

Hi ally yeah have finally got my licence back only got the motorbike on road at mo as kept it insured during my ban notified them of my DR10 and because policy runs out in 2 months have let it run without any extra cost. Did an online search with compare the market and have a quote of £107 fully comp with a DR10 and i was paying £136 TPFT before the ban so it,s not all bad news so don,t be too put off about a big insurance hike just need to do some homework. The summer house sounds cool love a good bbq thats the one thing i miss living in a flat. Hope your keeping well and probably adapting now it,s not forever if you need any help or info please don,t hesitate to get in touch
regards Paul

Good news is always good!!!!!!
I has my certificate through from the course as a 'Mr'??????? wtf did I really look that bad? will it affect things? should I ring them? x

Oops, mistakes do happen, and can be put right. If you ring the office on Monday they will issue with a correct certificate.

Exactly the point i was making in an earlier thread yes mistakes do happen but luckily ally took my advice and got in early so balls up,s can be sorted in plenty of time not so in my case. Mine came back with wrong date of birth and then court wasn,t notified. Do yourself a favour ally make sure the court have been notified of the reduction don,t take it for granted this is not a dig PRICE just my advise as you say mistakes happen which is why we,re all here and why i advise on my own experiences. Was the certificate sent by email ally check everything and when the Mr is sorted to Mrs get on phone to the court and make sure they got a copy or ring DVLA trust me time is precious

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off