Trying to get my licence back

Convicted Driver Insurance

davew

I was disqualified twice in a 10 year period, the 2nd disqualification ended in 1998 and since then I have been living in France. Before moving to France I took a mock gamma test which I failed and since then I have not driven or been able to take another gamma test as I no longer held a UK address. I am intending to move back to the UK in 2012 and hope to obtain a French driving permit before then. I understand that I should be able to drive in the UK (using the French licence) for a period of up to 1 year, is it likely that I will be able to exchange the French license for a UK license or will I still be required to take another gamma test even though it will be 14 years since my disqualification ended? Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your post.

Since my last message my colleagues and I have looked into your case. It is not something which can properly be answered at this time. It is something that the DVLA will advise you on when your application is processed.

You are under a legal obligation to be fully forthcoming with the DVLA and if you make a false statement or withhold any material facts during your dealings with them you will commit an offence.

Kind regards,

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off