trying to find out if i am a high risk or low risk offender to apply for my licence back

Convicted Driver Insurance
Ahh right so it sounds like I am then. Is it that I’ll have to do some kind of medical before they reissue my license?
Yes. 90 days before your ban expires (or thereabouts,) the DVLA will send you an application form for a new licence. You can also get a D1 from the post office and use that. You will then need to go to a DVLA approved Doctor who will undertake a medical exam, comlpete a questionnaire and take a blood sample that will be sent to a DVLA approved lab to measure the level of Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin in your blood. Don't ask me what it is but it can show if you have been drinking excessively in the recent past e.g 8 weeks. THey may then write to your GP asking for medical information regarding alcohol going back 6 years (or they may not - it's a lottery.) After that you will/will not get your licence back. When does your ban expire?

My ban ends march 3rd I never received a letter from DVLA so done a D1 but still have not heard anything and DVLA are impossible to get hold of

Yes. 90 days before your ban expires (or thereabouts,) the DVLA will send you an application form for a new licence. You can also get a D1 from the post office and use that. You will then need to go to a DVLA approved Doctor who will undertake a medical exam, comlpete a questionnaire and take a blood sample that will be sent to a DVLA approved lab to measure the level of Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin in your blood. Don't ask me what it is but it can show if you have been drinking excessively in the recent past e.g 8 weeks. THey may then write to your GP asking for medical information regarding alcohol going back 6 years (or they may not - it's a lottery.) After that you will/will not get your licence back. When does your ban expire?
Well if I do the course it’s Feb 23 but the court made a mistake and told them I’d been banned for 36 months and not 20. This was fixed with advice from the excellent Price on this forum (thank goodness the CPS held their own record) but that rectification is yet to be updated by DVLC. You know looking through the various threads and stories and my own situation I think the path of least resistance is the way to go for me snd just knock drinking on the head completely.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off